.21 truggy engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dub c

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
As a few may know I'm building a Losi Eight T 2.0. I am set on putting a smaller .21 sized engine in it, For many reasons. First reason being runtime, second reason being engine selection. Also there are many more choices in the .21 size. Also I'm lookin online at a few "on road" engines. My interests are a broad usable powerband,an engine that wont self destruct on a high speed run, and most of all an engine that just starts and runs without hastle.

I have narrowed my search to include the following.

A few of the Werks engines including the b5, b6 or competition buggy engine.
I would consider one of these engines based on price and availability. My local hobby shop has these on the shelf.

That O.S .25 thingy(dont remember details)

On the higher end of the scale I'm considering an engine such as the Novarossi BONITO, or Novarossi 35 plus...among others.

I want yalls input and opinions on the (.21) Werks and Novarossi line up.

I had a LRP .28/losi 454 in my 8ight truggy, liked the torque, didnt like the fuel economy (or lack thereore).

I'm fooling around with a Go Engine .21 GX 5R at the moment - it has good economy and (when tuned) the power is good.

But having done some research, I'll be moving to a Werks b5 when the funds allow.

Traxxas has a good 2.5R Engine " just thought I'd throw that in the mix for you to consider...

nah man go for the pro .15 :)
i have read that the os 25 is good choice as being in between the 21 and 28 good compromise between power and economy

Id get Robin's input. He knows more about nitro engines than all of us put together. I also ask him for his input when making decisions about nitro engines and pipes.

Truggies usually use a larger engine than buggies. Buggies usually run a .21 from the factory and a truggy usually runs a .28.

Thanx for the input ( and sarcasm), I like the specs of the Roma. Only thing I will need to look into further is if it has ceramic bearings. For that price I hope it does.

I trust both Snook man and Novarossi quality. so I'm going with the Roma. Only thing left to buy is a pipe.