2 esc wiring?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOPDOGG71

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
is there a link or some place to look to find a diagram on how to hook up 2 mamba maxs to my clod axles and pimp cane? if i can see it i can build it! but not to good at takin directions. i read blue prints all day. thanks :stupid:

Have you tried Fast eddys RC documents site?

I'm not real sure the address anymore... I am almost sure it is linked here somewhere. Try looking there, he has TONS of useful stuff

will do thanks!!:fro:

no luck i am sure its there but i can't find it.:seeing_stars:

Running two ESC isn't as hard as you think. But you do need a 4 Channel Radio. You may also need a V-Tail Mixer. Here is a link where JIA explained it to me.
To power the two ESCs just make a "Y" harness that plugs in between the ESCs and the battery.

If you want to use dual ESCs on the VG6000 (or any stick radio for that matter) I feel it is best to do so on one stick. Configuring things like this will require you to have V-tail mixing capability in your TX (Which the VG6000 has - but on the elevator/aileron stick).

Since I learned to drive RC cars before the days of pistol grip radios I've always been used to placing throttle on the left stick so I had to get a mixer.

To mix the two ESCs on the left stick (Since you can't program this into the VG6000) I used a GWS V-tail mixer. You'll plug your ESCs into the mixer then plug the mixer into the RX.

When properly configured both axles will drive forward when you move the stick forward and both axles will be driven in reverse when you give the stick reverse.

Here's where it gets fun...

If you move the stick left or right you'll do all kids of cool stuff. Drive the axles towards each other, make them pull away from one another, etc. By doing this (and giving the proper steering input) you can literally turn your rig within its wheelbase.

So aside from normal forward/reverse throttle you can bias power to each axle as you see fit. For this reason there is NO NEED for two different sized pinions. Get the pinion that gives you the best mechanical advantage and be done with it.

(putting both ESC channels on the same stick also prevents you from accidentally making throttle inputs while steering)

Two different sized pinions:
If you have independent axle control you have the stall issue beat. There's no need for two different pinions. I've tested and proven the "one tooth larger" idea to reduce axle stall to be a myth.

Motors:
Personally I wouldn't use a 65T motor. If you're going to drop the money on two Mamba Max ESCs, don't bother with a brushed motor. Slap in a Hyperion, Revolver, Park 450, etc.

BEC:
I use two Mamba 25 controllers in my Clod. The BEC circuits are rated at 1.5A.

Castle said that I could turn on BOTH ESCs which would do nothing more than put the two 1.5A BEC circuits in parallel for a 3A BEC.

I could do this with the Mamba 25s, might want to call and see if this is feasible with the Mamba Max ESCs. I have a feeling you can run it without issue.

If nothing else just get a nice adjustable servo regulator from MPI.

From what I understand the TGs can be ran at 7.2V (400+ oz-in) You'd have to run a 7 cell pack to get the MPI unit to regulate at 7.2V but might be worth considering.

Bit of info...I've ran two 94359s off a single 1.5A circuit.

thats great! just wish i could make sence of it. sorry i aint to smart crappy school dis lol. i need a diagram to see what wire goes where from what to where on the truck it self then i will tackle the controller. thanks i will use that info when i get some learnin. lol

Back