2.5 revo to electric but stumped

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hyster

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Okay, started working on my revo 2.5 conversion to electric but I have ran into a snag. Part of that snag is my plan/vision and reality of Traxxas design. I'm trying to mount an E-Revo center diff on a 2.5 body.
If photo link works you can see what is going on. Do they make a bracket for this or should I seek someone to machine a part for me?

http://m493.photobucket.com/albums/Beane_O/Snapbucket/

No way to click on it?

i used a transmission out of an old emaxx model 3906 locked it into second gear youll have to grind out some parts of the chassis for it to fit and drill 4 new holes. the only problem is those transmissions are a lil harder to find. and also the weak point in that trans is the idler gear i replaced mine with the traxxas 3996X idler its out of the new emaxx and e revos transmissions.

kewl! Well, I already have the center tranny, motor and a controller. The stuff that's still on the frame, ie shocks, arms, A arms, front and rear diff and wheels, will all that change over to the said E-Revo frame?

it all should, the only thing u might need is the e-revos center drive shafts i think there diffrent from the revo 2.5

kewl! Well, I already have the center tranny, motor and a controller. The stuff that's still on the frame, ie shocks, arms, A arms, front and rear diff and wheels, will all that change over to the said E-Revo frame?

No, you still need a trans. The newer e-maxx tranny is usually a little cheaper than the e-revo one, but they're identical.
Look for trannies that fit the e-revo 5603 or 5608. The e-maxx 3903 and 3908 are also the same piece.
You may be able to use a 3905 e-maxx piece as well, but don't quote me.

Everthying else you listed will work.

Hmmm the center trannie I bought is for the brushless revo. Got it off eBay a while back. Are you saying that they come in different sizes for the brushless e-revo? Btw I'm referring to the 1/10 version.

Thanks 2revo1maxx for the links. I just purchased the chassis off eBay. It came in 3 days ago. I hope to get on it soon.

You could have probably taken a piece of sheet metal and drilled holes in it to match the holes on the chassis and then drilled another set of holes through the sheet metal/chassis to mount the center diff to that. I did something similar with a sheet of lexan and a battery tray on a nitro rustler to electric conversion I did. Sounds like a moot point now though :)

Back