1978 Cobra

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mopar

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well, I do have a few remote controlled cars that I'll probably ask about later. But there's one in particular I have a question about. It's a Cobra by LaTrax, manufactured in 1978. It's in great condition (no box, but no broken parts) and it works. I'm trying to get a value on this item. LaTrax doesn't seem to be in business anymore. I was thinking of giving this as a gift to a young boy, but with the stipulation that it be kept in good condition, and if he ever is no longer interested, I'd want it back in GOOD condition to possibly keep as a collectible. It's just that his dad has a Mustang vehicle and they are really into those type of cars. Any help from anyone will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks! Happy RCing!

Welcome. I'd like to see pics of it if possible.

Were I in your shoes, I would not give it to a child. If they are no longer in business, parts support will be close to non-existant. This means that the first thing that breaks and causes the "toy" to be no fun, will signal the end of the "toy". You may have a collectible, and if that is the case, keep it in its current condition.

are you agreeing or disagreeing? i dont get it

Thank You!

:) :yes:
Thanks to all who replied! Yes, ROBMOB, that is the same one as mine, except the red detailing is black on my car. Well, all this input sure helped me make up my mind. I will not give it as a gift. At 8 years-old I don't think he'd understand enough to be able to appreciate it.

I did so much research and yet could not find what you found on E-bay. So, again, my many thanks to all of you. I may post again soon since, as I said before, I have other RC cars.

THIS IS A GREAT FORUM!

Brings back memories, I had a Corvette like that when I was 4 or 5 years old.

Corvette Memories

Well, that certainly gives me an idea of how old you are! Much younger than me! Anyway, I think I may clean this up a bit and put it on E-bay. Anyone want to hazard a guess at what I should start it at? I don't want to just give it away, but I need to start parting with some things that are taking up much needed space. I have so much from my Mom and Dad AND Mother-in-law and will keep our precious mementos. But the car is one of those things I will let go.

Are there any auction sites specifically for items like this? I've been doing business on E-bay for several years so I am most comfortable with that. But if there's another site that specializes in items like this, I may look into it.

Thanks for the continuing help!
:) :)

I would have to say eBay is your best bet. It will expose your item to the most people.

Start with the price that the other user was selling his/hers for on eBay.

Back