Sold / Found 17mm monster truck wheels

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ferrous

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Looking for anything I can throw on a 17mm hex, monster or truggy. Thanks!

I have plenty of 1/2" offset truggy 3.7" lpr race wheels and tires that are sitting around. a whole 50 gallon tub full, no use for them. My rc stuff is getting out of control. Need them gone.Some are white dish wheels, some yellow. I have a set of crimefighters, couple sets of VP Pro tires. The Crimefighters are great condition, the VP tires are half worn but perform better than most tires do new. I only run 0 offset wheels on my truggy now. These just need a home. 10 bucks a set plus actual shipping. The more you buy, the cheaper I'll go.

Last edited:
if you want bashing tires instead of racing tires i have a set of almost brand new Traxxas wheels and tires off of the new revo 5309 edition. They probably have about 85%-90% tread on them. They hook up well on anything!! 17 mm hex like u need, and I will do $35 shipped for them

I'm building a stampede and it has the Integy extended 17mm hex. I think the 1/2 offset would be too wide, right? And I have been trying to think of the best way to get the splined traxxas wheels on it without having to dremmel the spline tabs out.

However, Scrogg, I would be willing to buy one of your better looking set of truggy wheels to check the width. 10 bucks plus shipping seems fine to me. Can you send me some pics of some samples? You don't need to post them. You can send the photos to my email. I'll PM the address.

Thanks guys!

I think the 1/2 offset is needed for clearance on the Stampedes when you install larger wheels. Not 100% sure though. I'll send you a pic asap.

Thanks, Scrogg. Here's what I have...

pede_2.jpg

pede_1.jpg

I think the adapters have more than enough offset. But wider is always better, right?

By the way, these Slash springs I have mounted are never going to work...

Pics don't work. I'd like to see the rig.

Huh. They show fine when I browse the forum. Anyway it's a standard Stampede VXL chassis with RPM front a-arms, caster blocks and axle carriers. Sealed bearings all the way around and the Integy 17mm extended hex adapters (wheel hub). The shocks are Traxxas ultra shocks from a Slash and the progressive rate on them seems a bit soft. I didn't get a motor or esc for it yet because I can't decide which combo to get. I'm waiting to see how big I can go with the wheels before I pick the the specific motor kV.

Last edited:
Your gonna want to consider aluminum knuckles. Those extenders are gonna ruin the plastic ones fast. Though the extenders themselves may turn out to be the weak point with that name on em.;)

This thing is more of an exercise in possibilities than a tough as nails basher. The RPM setup up front will more than suffice for what I have in store for it. Also another reason why dish wheels might be a good fit.

Anybody have some decent truggy wheels? Anybody? I'll PM my email address if you have a pic of them...

I have a brand new set of hpi phaltline tires on blaster wheels I am trying to get rid of new in box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back