1 or 2 motors/esc?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will do!!! You have been a great help! Hope to crawl with you someday.THANKS!

where do you live? let me guess, Cali or Louisiana? lol thats where almost every one here is from.

Flat land Florida....I will have to make a rock climbing spot in the vacant lot next door........it's already under construction. or climb on the beach rocks...never a bad scenic run...bajas work well there!!!!!

Last edited:
No one seems to have mentioned it, but a HUGE advantage with the Berg rigs is the center of gravity. By having the motors mounted on the axle, it allows you to eliminate the transmission and mechanical dig unit from the chassis. By placing the weight directly over the axles, you DRASTICALLY reduce the weight thats up high. If you run your battery down low and use a nice delrin chassis, you can have almost no weight above the axles, which allows for a MUCH better performing rig.

Just buy the Berg axles, don't bother with the Berg kit. You'll end up throwing everything away except the axles.

The wheels are the wrong offset, and I haven't seen anyone like the shocks enough to stay with em.

Check out our Berg Stuff at East End Machining. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. We have tons of new products getting ready to hit the shelves for the MOA rigs.

http://eastendmachining.com/bergcrawlers.html

Last edited:
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I've been working on a top secret build the last few days, but I'm back in the RC saddle full swing and have three top notch rigs lined up on the shelf with all the parts needed to build, and I'm getting ready to order another one.

i know what it is!!!! a brushless barbie corvette!!! gonna be sick lol.

well at least is it a crawler build or some 8s madness beast

OK..Tried to take CharliesTheMan advice and just buy Berg axles and build up..but, I'm having difficulty understanding linkage sizes needed, hardware to mount (who sells it) and what other little items will be needed for a build just from axles. I don't want to get crazy $$$ on this build and it seems like going this route will.

If i go berg kit or Axial ARTR (narrowed it down to these 2) to get started... it seems the berg will be about $200 more to get crawling....but from what iam reading probably no regrets. The AXIAL advantage seems to be the support ....BIG +.... decisions!!decisions!!!decisions!! either way lm sure whichever i choose will get upgraded to the max....thats half the fun!!!!!!

Thoughts / Opinions??????

bergs are not hard to find parts for....buy the axles...pick a chassis...buy axial links/ends...buy tires..buy wheels (not all 2.2's will work though)...buy electronics....thats basically it...not any harder or more difficult to build or find parts for than the axial cuz really you could use every thing off a axial and just swap some berg axles in and be on your way, i would not suggest that but you could do it.
you already know what the axles are so you can right that on your list....so now go look through some chassis and see what you like and whats in your budget, i went with the ckrc rockstar chassis wich i though i might now like but actually LOVE...once you get a chassis picked out, then look for wheels, like i said not all wheels will work, even the berg wheels suck because they have the wrong offset and make it super duper wide. 8 shooters are prolly about the cheapest wheels you can get that still look good...next is tires, so many 2.2's to choose from now but i would suggest trying some of the new ones out like the HPI grabbers (i love mine) or the HB rovers. then move to buying suspension and links, depending on wich chassis you get but most will be able to use axial shocks/springs and axial links, all really cheap. RCNT vendor Eastendmachining.com has all the links you would need in many different colors and for CHEAP!!! you will also need a servo plate and mounts for the berg axles....now move to electronics, get two motors, try to get two 45t's if you can cuz they are pretty cheap but still great motors, you will also need two pinion gears. next an esc, go sidewinder or mamba max, both killer esc's and lipo freindly...next you will need a radio and reciever, if you plan on running dig you will need atleast a modded tq3 and some servo strechers....all that should give you a good start, i prolly left something big out but hey I've been at the bar leave me alone lol...oh and a body...and battery, go lipo!!!

remember if you need any help man, shoot me a pm.