1/8

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fix14wd

RCTalk Qualifier
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Hey folks, I've got a Blitz ese that I've run a couple times, it's ok but feels more like my daughters rustler.. I want the 4wd and a heavier built truck. I'm looking at either the Associated SC8e or the HPI Apache. Any opinions? How are they to work on, how tunable are they, motor/esc suggestions, etc.. Builing a backyard track, so a little more into racing than bashing.

Hmm, i dont own either, but the hpi is a newer truck so not many people might have them yet, like at hobby shops mabey? I would think that the sc8e would be a little more of a race because of the platform and things like that. For motor/Esc i think i would get a castle system because you prob. wont need the smooth accereration as much as you would on say a 2wd buggy or truck. Hope this helps a bit.

I personally would get either a Losi SCTE or a Durango DESC410R. If you bashing Id go with the Losi its built like a tank. If you're racing Id say the Durango is a better choice although the Losi is totally race worthy also.

I've heard the sc8's are absolute tanks and next to impossible to break. its built on the rc8 chassis so it basically an 1/8 scale buggy with a sc body. with a sc8 you could use it as a battering ram when people start to get on your nerves at the track hahaha

I've had the opportunity to run the Apache, but I really can't compare it to anything since I haven't run any other 4x4. I liked it though, and it doesn't look like it would be bad when it comes to working on it. My neighbor has it, and now his father-in-law just bought one. I suppose if I went that route, we'd have spare parts for each other.
I hadn't looked into Losi before, so I'll check into it. Still undecided.

On a side note.. Just got the Sidewinder 1410 3800 motor/esc for the Blitz in the mail today. Going to rebuild the diff and play with pinions and spurs this weekend. I've got 18, 22, and 24 tooth pinions to try with 83 and 88 spurs.:)

Back