1/5 Scale Crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shiny. Pretty. Now I understand why girls are attracted to diamonds...

All it needs is a glitter finish to be perfect...

It should take a Cobalt since it fits a 540.

I think a Cobalt would be too long. I'm not disputing the motor fitment at the gearbox, I mean the gap between the links looks too narrow for a Cobalt to me. Especially given JRH's 7Ts have the wires stickin' out 'backwards'. I think you'd get into issue with the back of the can, or at least the leads, fouling the link on one side myself.

Last edited:
We don't even have crack rocks that big in louisiana. $800 would cover half of a nice comp rig lol. Its a nice shelf ornament though.

That is sexy! Especially in the orange.....that is b e a utiful..

If anyone has one of these and wants to put a Cobalt in it, please let me know. We can fab up just what you need at EEM. In fact, we may have secret experience with a top secret project thats very similar.

Rolex should get one to keep his Savage company.

Who's rig do you think they took pictures of? Far to shiny to be anyone but Rolex!

Sure lets you see how these things are made. May be a completely useless rig, but I have to say, nice to look at.

The steering looks like it will take a LOT of torque.

well you would sure as hell want a lot of torque!!!^^^ lol, i still kinda dig it, would be fun for a few minutes.

It's interesting because it's big, but that's it for me. I've had awful experience with rc4wd shocks on my baja 5b - they looked great though lol.

i think its a good effert. and with a 1/5ther, you could run to real 1:1 places to crawl and probably do pretty well. I've had thoughts on a 1/5 crawler, but it would be quite different from what they did. i think its a good effort though. gotta say something to be the first into production. I think if things were done right, a Large Scale RC Crawler society would begin.

A 1/5 crawler.... with wheel weights?

It'll probably weigh around 25 pounds lol

Back