Finally!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I finally completed the needed repairs to my track out behind the house! Man it is alot of work to maintain by yourself! I might as well buy stock in round up! I use almost 3 gallons a month just trying to keep the weeds at bay. I reworked all the jumps and even created a table top... a small one, but a table top none-the-less. I am having a real hard time with errosion control. I have two spots where everytime it rains hard I get a nice valley cut into the track. I have not figured out how to stop it, but I am trying everything I can, given the fact that I am not able to put in any kind of drainage ditch. Once I finally got through all the work I charged up a pack and took the T4 for a spin.... wouldn't you know I didn't get through one pack before I bounced off the pipe and broke the servo horn.... ended my day. Wouldn't you know out of all the spare parts I have.... no servo horn!! It was fun while it lasted though!

Put a french drain were your wet spots are . Cheap and effective .

Here are the promised pictures. I will look into the french drain, thank you for the advice!

100_3811.jpg

100_3810.jpg

100_3809.jpg

100_3808.jpg

100_3807.jpg

Tom, that is a gorgeous backyard track. I LOVE the fact that it's not over complicated. I'm comon' over!

That's beautiful. Gives me an excuse to start my Savage.

By the way, I had to enlarge one of your pics to see what that was in the middle. It's your dog taking a dump. :whhooo::dancingpoop:

100_3808.jpg

Tom, that is a gorgeous backyard track. I LOVE the fact that it's not over complicated. I'm comon' over!

Thank you my friend. It is not a pro class track by any standards.... its dry and a bit narrow, but it is in my back yard and it is already more than I can keep up with! LOL I had so many designs in mind and like you said, they were all overly complicated and I had to be realistic in my approach. It is alot of work for sure... but once I fired up that T4 and took a few laps.... it was all worth it!

---------- Post added at 8:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:08 PM ----------

That's beautiful. Gives me an excuse to start my Savage.

By the way, I had to enlarge one of your pics to see what that was in the middle. It's your dog taking a dump. :whhooo::dancingpoop:

100_3808.jpg

Hey Rolex... I didn't even realize that Shep was in the pic until I posted it! LOL. The first thing I thought of was "Rolex is going to point this out right away!" :D

Killer track Tom, I think you should host an RCNT g2g

How far away from Lime Rock Park are you? I'm supposed to be going to the ALMS race in July.. seriously.. I'm crashing your backyard. :D

Tom, that is a bad ass track! I am so jealous!!

The dog taking a dump on your track is way too funny!:hehe:

So when is the bash at Toms house?????

Great looking track Tom.

How far away from Lime Rock Park are you? I'm supposed to be going to the ALMS race in July.. seriously.. I'm crashing your backyard. :D

I'm not sure how far away I am from Lime Rock... but you guys are always welcome. I would be happy to host something for RCNT. In fact it would be an honor. I would have to talk with the wife.... just to make sure she has not reservations... but it should be no big deal. I don't have a drivers stand... yet.. .but I just stand on the back of the truck and it works just fine.

---------- Post added at 8:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:11 AM ----------

Tom, that is a bad ass track! I am so jealous!!

The dog taking a dump on your track is way too funny!:hehe:

So when is the bash at Toms house?????

Thanks man. Trust me it is nothing to be jealous of.... it is dry and dusty and slick. Don't get me wrong... it is better than nothing, but it is by no means professional.

---------- Post added at 8:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:12 AM ----------

Killer track Tom, I think you should host an RCNT g2g

Come on over my friend!

Back