My Big Block Revo build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macguyver

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
well...i got all the parts to build my Big Bloc Revo ....i will be building this truck from the ground up , starting with a bare frame ...i got all the parts off ebay for cheap :D ...at first , they were just spare parts for my Revo 3.3...but i kept buying some ...and now i have a complete truck in parts :hehe:

i needed something to help kill time when I'm at work ,, and i figured that would be a good time killer :hehe:

so here is what I'm starting with ;) ...i will be posting pics of the progress as i go ;)

picture.php

not all the needed parts are in the pic ...i left some at home

What engine is that that your running? Going to go with a side pipe or rear?

thats the wasp .26 i bought from savagefan04.... i might also get a wasp .28( good deal on one ) ..as for the pipe ...I'm planning on going with a rear one ...but who knows ..that might change :D

Ah, was just curious. I tried rear ones, but ended up running a side due to lack of performance with a BB. Don't waste your money on the trinity high flow. It may help with a 3.3 on down, but ran like crap on my XTM24.7. You could tell it just wasn't flowing right.

Ah, was just curious. I tried rear ones, but ended up running a side due to lack of performance with a BB. Don't waste your money on the trinity high flow. It may help with a 3.3 on down, but ran like crap on my XTM24.7. You could tell it just wasn't flowing right.

cool ...thanks for the tip ;) :D

almostdonerevo003.jpg
I've had great luck with this one on my sirio 27. It's technically a mid block engine but the pipe is all bb style. It screams from idle to full song and sounds awesome too.

heres what I've done so far ( nice to be able to do that at the office :hehe: )

engine is fitted ...had to cut the mount to bring the engine forward a bit so i can use the pull start
picture.php

picture.php

ill just have to shave the a-arm a hair so that it doesn't rub on the pull start....that was my biggest concern ...but i got lucky :D ....next step is to move the tranny forward
picture.php

Awesome :thumbup:

can't wait to see the final pics & vids...
Ill be keeping a close eye on this thread...

:D;) @ Stevo :cheers:

here is the cut up frame to move the tranny forward ...( tranny & engine now fit like a glove :D )

picture.php

not bad for a day at the office :hehe::p:

Yeah I gotta ask...
How do you manage to do that at work...??
Lucky bugger...

Why arent you using duct tape and some sticks to hold it together Mac? What would Pete think or even your enemy Murdoc! lol.

I dont really pay attention to nitro builds but this is coming along nicely.

Wow, you moved that thing quite a ways forward. Good thing you have the 3.3 chassis or you may have had a hard time getting the front slider in there.

What mount are you using for the engine? Guessing it's a mount specific to the picco?

Yeah I gotta ask...
How do you manage to do that at work...??
Lucky bugger...

i work at a check point for a controlled zone ( similar to a provincial park)..i sell fishing and hunting licenses ...ALOT of free time at the office :D

Why arent you using duct tape and some sticks to hold it together Mac? What would Pete think or even your enemy Murdoc! lol.

I dont really pay attention to nitro builds but this is coming along nicely.

..lol....not sticks and duct tape on thise one ....but who knows ...i might add some for the look :D ..lol...havent seen Murdoc in a while ..i think i finaly killed him ;)..lol....and I'm sure Pete will understand ...if not , ill duct tape his mouth shut ..lol

Wow, you moved that thing quite a ways forward. Good thing you have the 3.3 chassis or you may have had a hard time getting the front slider in there.

What mount are you using for the engine? Guessing it's a mount specific to the picco?

I'm using the traxxas big block mount ..i got it to work pretty good with the wasp .....

what slider are you talking about ??

The front center axle. I moved the trans in mine so I could run a typical 1/8 scale clutch/flywheel/bell vs the 1/10 version. Mine being the 2.5 revo is shorter in the front between the trans and diff, so the front center axle is almost fully compressed just to fit. I didn't move mine as far as yours, if I had, I'd have had to modify that too. Probably would have put the knuckles at such an angle that wear/binding would be an issue.

For you though, it shouldn't be an issue.

ok ...thanks ...ya , it shouldnt be an issue ...i moved it about 1/4 inch forward ... when you look at the pic , it looks like a bit more ....but its not ...i measured it ..lol

you could just cut 1/4 inch or so off the shaft where they slide into each other ..thats what i would have done

DAY 2 OF MY BUILD

still doing office work :hehe::p:..lol

I've put together the bulkheads , suspension and axles ...decided to go with the p2 rockers on that one ( will try those out )

picture.php

picture.php

next i will be installing the rest of the driveline and steering

Lookin' clean and mean man.:)

thanks :D...its all new stuff (except the engine), it should looks clean ( but not for long i hope ) ...:hehe:

so ..the driveline and steering is all in :D..didnt have any problems ..it all went in like it should ..so here is where I'm at now

picture.php

picture.php

just need to put in the rx box , the electronics and a few other small things ...i should get my pasti-dip this week so i can seal my steering servo ....looking good so far :D can't wait to get it running :D:D

Last edited:
You know, New Era makes an arm or two to help clear the engine in BB kits. It's alloy, but if you throw RPM on everything else, it should hold up.

Maybe something you can try down the line.
http://www.neweramodels.com/item.cgi?part_id=2696

I don't know how guys even run rigs without RPM arms. In stock form, I haven't had many trucks last more than a few tanks before I snapped an arm or two. Well... Except my savage and micro-t. Revo, 2 tanks, slayer 1 tank, aftershock 2nd tank of break in... I suck at driving these things!

Last edited:
the arm is not an issue ..it barely rubs against the pull start ..ill just have to shave it about 1/16 of a inch..so i should be good ...i did check those arms out ...but i dont want alloy arms on it

the stock arms have been good to me so far ...i only broke 1 upper arm in the front on my other revo and that was in below freezing weather at at least 30mph against an F150 bumper ...lol

but next time i break one ..i will get some RPM arms

Back