i wanna go faster.....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trashedxj

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
ok jus got the R/C bug, got the T-maxx 3.3 this past sat, had it 2 days already poped glue on a bead(gettin beadlocks this week) and blew a shock(i want new ones, thinkin some piggybacks of some sort....any opinions?) meanwhile yeah the 3.3 is fast, the guy at the shop said for my first rc this will be 2 fast as it is, well he is WRONG! i've already done some good 2-3 foot air jumps(yeah tiny i know) i've learned to flatten in air to land smooth and now I'm jus loving flyin down through the yard turn and fly back, well i want it to fly even fast than it is. i've read/watched vids/ seen everywhere that superchargers are jus plain crapp! so thats out, i was told do a spur gear and CB upgrade to make it faster, anyone wanna recomend what to get so i can try it out, not gettin and metal gearing though, plastic is cheaper and if tuned/set up right and i drive like i didnt steal it then it will all last a good while, also anyone ever thought of a "turbo" kit?

If your gonna go plastic anyway.... just get the smallest spur you can find.

about how fast will this help me out and by messin with the spur ratio do i lose top/low end?

well with a real small spur you should lose bottom end and gain a lot a top end but for speed its good!!! JMO

The turbo would have the same bad effect on the motor. It is all forced induction of air into the motor..... not good with a 2stroke nitro motor.

ok jus got the R/C bug, got the T-maxx 3.3 this past sat, had it 2 days already poped glue on a bead(gettin beadlocks this week) and blew a shock(i want new ones, thinkin some piggybacks of some sort....any opinions?) meanwhile yeah the 3.3 is fast, the guy at the shop said for my first rc this will be 2 fast as it is, well he is WRONG! i've already done some good 2-3 foot air jumps(yeah tiny i know) i've learned to flatten in air to land smooth and now I'm jus loving flyin down through the yard turn and fly back, well i want it to fly even fast than it is. i've read/watched vids/ seen everywhere that superchargers are jus plain crapp! so thats out, i was told do a spur gear and CB upgrade to make it faster, anyone wanna recomend what to get so i can try it out, not gettin and metal gearing though, plastic is cheaper and if tuned/set up right and i drive like i didnt steal it then it will all last a good while, also anyone ever thought of a "turbo" kit?
Ok...a tire bead coming off is no big deal and happens all the time. If I was you I would not go for bead locks if you are looking for faster. They a VERY heavy and will only slow you down. If a supercharger sucks then a turbo will also suck...neither work on a 2-stroke engine. If you are truly looking for faster get you a Picco .26 Red-dot and gear up higher. More torque and speed. Silly is good right? On the Piggy back shocks....they are meeehhh IMO. Stay away from the Integy shocks. The look damn good...but looks is as far as they go. The Pro-Line Bypass shocks (if you can find them) or the Traxxas big bores are about the best for bashing I have seen. These are all just suggestions mind you but a few are from experiance and hard learned lessons.

Back