Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmob

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Converted my ERevo to brushless using the Mamba Monster setup with Castle 2200kv motor.

The Traxxas Mamba Monster ESC mount gave it the factory installed look.

Total install time was about 1 hour after I soldered the connections and programmed the ESC and BEC.

Before
erevoconversion001.jpg

During
erevoconversion002.jpg

After
erevoconversion003.jpg

Gearing is 18/54 and I will be using a pair of 2S 8000 Lipo packs wired in series. I will have more than enough power for the track I will be running on and will easily do 2 heats and a main without charging.

very nice Rob! get some vid!

I went over to Team FastEddy to drop off some stuff and visit on Saturday. The street out front of the shop is a great place for testing so I brought this rig down for some speed runs.

All I can say is WOW!.

This is a totally different rig now. It had instant torque before, now it's off the charts.

Even on a pair of 2S lipos it screams and will pull wheelies from a stand still or from half throttle. On a pair of 3S lipos I imagine it would be crazy and uncontrollable.

We did observe the front tires ballooning badly on the speed runs. I will probably install the center diff to help with this and make some changes to diff fluids. Right now the fluids are whatever came in it out of the box.

Too bad we weren't smart enough to take some vids.

For anybody thinking of getting an ERevo and have been considering the brushless version, JUST DO IT! Don't waste your time with the brushed version.

Vids will talk louder lol.

It's all Ed's fault for not taking any vids.

I was too busy driving.

Rob....why are you doing this to me?...I don't WANT to do a brushless conversion on any of mine right now but you are making me wanna do it....why do you taunt me so? Sure just wave it in my face!...lol ;) ...Looks good though. I have driven a couple bad to the bone brushless E-rigs and they do rock. You are correct about nitro can't compare to the instant torque and speed. Once the price of Lipos really come down I am afraid nitro may start to dry up.

Back