Discussion thread for 2009 RCNT Bash

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetdiesel

aka SouRGassssssss
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
A recent thread in the supporting members forum brought up the idea of a 2009 RCNT Bash. There have been bashes and get-togethers before but they were mostly isolated to those local to that particular region of the US. This thread is intended to gather thoughts and ideas for one centrally located bash open to all members of RCNT from all across the US.

If you are interested in participating, please input your preference of

Date

If there is enough interest, I will open a new thread for the official bash. :D

Last edited:
I think setting a date is going to be the hardest part of doing a bash. If its a springtime bash then it'll be hard to calculate a time when its going to be dry. I'm definatelly in and I could go just about anywhere anytime. I think a central location would be prime. Three days would be good for me.

Hell if airplane fairs are reasonable, I might take the trip across the pond.

I will give it some serious thought for sure.

I'm pretty open about the date. I think sometime in the 3rd quarter would be best for both weather and planning.

Location is probably the most important factor. Personally, I will drive to yhe bash. It's really going to depend on who's coming. Central location would be great but it just sort of depends on who's serious about coming.

I feel this should be a weekend long event. Mostly dependent on the type of location I suppose. If we get together at a local track our flexibility is limited,private while property offers more options.

I'm up for it. Of course, the location needs to have a track nearby or on it.

I'd be up for it,
I could pay my own air fair,
But the thing is only being 15,
Getting it by the parents is the thing :(

One thing I would like to see the location have is a place for alternate activities. I imagine many people have families with/without kids and significant others that might not be into RC. It would be nice to have things for them to do while the boys are out playing. It would also be nice to have something to do after we are done bashing.

I think there should be Races And bashing, and a place for the crawler guy's too crawl too.

I'm with savon i want to do it but hell id need it to be when I'm off or over the summer.

whenever, and central to everybody thats willing to come. I also agree that we need somthing else for before and after. BBQ sound good for after?

Neobart it would awesome if you can make it all the way from Denmark.

Keep the ideas coming...so far all of them sound great!

BBQ
Outdoor track close by
A place to crawl
Central US location
Spring or Summer (3rd quarter)

hell ill camp on the place I'm a boy scout. rain, snow, wind, dont bother me

what about Orlando as a potential place? i'm sure we would be able to find a track and people can use it as the their official family vacation with Disney being the backdrop.

Third quarter would be July thru September. I am in! Somewhere central--we talking St Louis central or Kentucky central?

I might be game.
Get tom tom or navistar to find some beer joints or strip clubs.

J/K
Would love to meet some of you guys, kick back with a few brews and some bbq.
Thought it was going to happen last year with Skymaxx. Even had it cleared with the ol' lady. Yep, she was going. (didn't think she would let me out of the yard by myself did ya?)
Just gotta find something for her to do one day. :)

i think the st louis/kentucky area would be great. not crazy far from anybody really, except our euro friends of course

i think the st louis/kentucky area would be great. not crazy far from anybody really, except our euro friends of course
I'm not far from KY. Let's crash Woodie's pad!!!

You guys pick the date and place, and I'll do my best to see if I can make it. :)

what about Orlando as a potential place? i'm sure we would be able to find a track and people can use it as the their official family vacation with Disney being the backdrop.

Orlando= me not going! Florida isnt exactly central U.S.

Back