painting turnbuckles

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
not sure if this should go here but whatever.....

I want to paint some tmaxx turnbuckles black but i dont want to have to repaint them every 10 minutes cuz they will be in contact with alot of rocks..... any suggestions that wont break the wallet?

so i think you might want to use heat shrink tubing. Just thought of that all by myself...

You all suck. I think this is all crappy advice. If you're going to do it, do it right. You really should use heat shrink tubing.

candyman thats a horrible idea, you should use heat shrink tubing instead.

Wow! More great ideas. LMFAO! I was about to suggest roofing tar or asphalt, but I think heat shrink tubing might work.

well you guys arent being any help, i guess i will just have to go with MY first idea and use heat shrink tubing.

might be a dumb question but do they make heat shrink tubing that small?

well you guys arent being any help, i guess i will just have to go with MY first idea and use heat shrink tubing.

Why would you use heat shrink tubing? Thats retarded... I said BUMPER COATING!!! God some people....

They make it a LOT smaller than what you'll need. Just go to Radio Shack and see what's there. You could even put on 2 or 3 layers if you want, but why would you want to use heat shrink tubing when there have been so many other suggestions for things that can chip.

someDork said:
Why would you use heat shrink tubing? Thats retarded... I said BUMPER COATING!!!
Why would he use bumper coating. He's not doing a bumper. He needs turnbuckle coating....or heat shrink tubing.

Last edited:
FOUND IT!!!!

turnbuckle.jpg

They make it a LOT smaller than what you'll need. Just go to Radio Shack and see what's there. You could even put on 2 or 3 layers if you want, but why would you want to use heat shrink tubing when there have been so many other suggestions for things that can chip.

Why would he use bumper coating. He's not doing a bumper. He needs turnbuckle coating....or heat shrink tubing.

lol nice editing

Back