Traxxas Summit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmob

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Here it is.

Traxxas Summit

http://www.traxxas.com/products/promo/5610_promo.htm

http://www.traxxas.com/products/electric/summit5610/intro/5610-intro1.htm

552x420_5610_5608.jpg

Last edited:
Independent Suspension. BOO!

Obviously it's not intended to be a crawler but more of an all purpose vehicle.

:angry:What a jip!!! NO SOLID AXLE! NO CRAWLER!:angry:

Clearly they have no intention of making a serious crawler to throw into the mix.

I give it a 3-thumbs way down.

I like it....it's what I have been wanting to build for a long time...an all purpose basher.

hmmm...that sucks, i think we all were expecting something bad ass.

I do like the idea of the remote locking diff, and now they have the TQ4 with the 3 position 3rd channel, thats kinda cool. And a high/low gear setting.

It is a nice looking rig that would be great for all terrain use, but for true crawling it is not.

To me it's like a replacement for the Pede.

The body looks cool though. With a little work it could be made to look like a Jeep Cherokee, I like the exocage look to it.

hmmm...that sucks, i think we all were expecting something bad ass.

Agreed. We clearly were expecting way to much which of course is the first ingredient in disappointment soup.

It's also based on the EREVO chassis so you know it isn't going to be price friendly.

It's not a crawler, but hey *shrug* I don't care. I'm a lot more likely to buy this than a crawler anyway, I've already got an Axial anyway. I *like* the remote locking diffs. Very Land Rover LR3/Discovery (alas the LR3 only has one at the back) :)

I'd like to try this out on some rough trails and stuff. I think it'd be pretty capable, even if not a true crawler.

I was always wondering why my Slash came with a 4 channel RX. Shift gear ratios or lock diffs on the fly. Sounds like a winner.

Now I need to make the decision of whether to pick up a Summit or convert a SC8. Hmmm.

Any word on a release date?

Street price is going to be in the $500 range.

Traxxas is good about shipping stuff shortly after announcing. I would expect them on the shelves in early Nov.

sure its prolly cool but they shouldnt of had that picture on the back of the crawler magazine cuz that gives total implication of it being a crawler. i for sure wont buy one.

if the ratio change and gear lock work as advertised then i don't see a problem. I remember the reverse module for the tmaxx........... it wasn't anything to brag about.

The only issue I see is not being able to run your own radio gear unless you have a stick radio or a 4PK. Bummer 'cause I really don't like using the TQ remotes.

I was thinking the same thing. The TQ transmitters feel like cheesy hunks of plastic.

The fact that they are AM make them even worse.

What they need to do is follows Losi’s lead and come out with a 2.4 radio system on their high end RTR’s.

They just came out with one. Look at their brushless revo, it comes with it.

That is one step in the right direction.

Back