Twin Vertical Plates

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
I just got my TVPs today from Fast Lane Machine, and they don't fit properly. The holes on each end, behind the shocks line up perfectly. The bottom center, is 1/4 inch up from the center skid, and the upper holes into the trans are also 1/4 inch too high.
Anyone else gotten these? They are part # FLM45000, and they are for the Savage X.

Oh now that SUCKS!!:yes:

Edit: Got the link of them, please!

Last edited:
I was signing up to Email Addicted2RC when I saw a phone number, and gave it a shot. A LIVING HUMAN BEING answered immediately!
He gave me the # for Fast Lane Machine and told me to call them tomorrow, and he'll back me, but they would probably want photos. According to him, it's an occasional machining error, and they would simply replace them with the correct ones since these are no good to either one of us.
Good to know the customer support is A+ so far.
The bummer is that the Savage is in parts and scattered all over till the new plates show up.

http://www.addicted2rc.com/savage.html

The standard TVPs, not the lowered or extended.

Last edited:
hmm, i was looking at the extended becuase my tvp's are bent at the gear box... might go genuine HPI XL then?

I'm sure FLM will make good on it. They have a great warranty program and I'm confident they probably have great customer service to back it up. I got my Maxx FLM chassis from A2RC as well. :thumbup::thumbup:

I wouldn't let this discourage anyone from FLM, because they have the customer service to back up their mistakes. I buy products from companies like them instead of overseas companies (yikes, that "i" word) because they will make right on their wrong, and you can actually talk to them about your problem instead of being given the runaround. When I buy a chassis for the maxx, it will only be FLM unless i go with carbon fiber, because I love my carbon fiber revo chassis.

Rolex, are they the super duty TVP's?

I was signing up to Email Addicted2RC when I saw a phone number, and gave it a shot. A LIVING HUMAN BEING answered immediately!
He gave me the # for Fast Lane Machine and told me to call them tomorrow, and he'll back me, but they would probably want photos. According to him, it's an occasional machining error, and they would simply replace them with the correct ones since these are no good to either one of us.
The bummer is that the Savage is in parts and scattered all over till the new plates show up.

Take a look at your Savage scattered all over the place. That is precisely what my Savage looked like when I sent you the email that I finally got the transmission out since you needed to borrow it to have one made. Lmao then you said "Nevermind, I already got another one," and I could do was turn around and look at the pile of parts. Well, that's what friends are for :LoL:

Last edited:
Don't kid yourself Charlie, his truck mighy be in pieces, but it's not like it's getting any less runtime...

LMAO......smartasses.

They are 4.87 mm thick, slightly more than double to stock plates. The stock plates seem so tinny and flimsy now, compared to these.
I spoke to the FLM office today, and there's the possibility that these are for an older Savage, and not the X.
I'm waiting for a call from their machine shop techie.
Wow, they're so beautiful, and here they sit. I was looking forward to bashing it into some curbs, but now I can't. It just has to sit there on the shelf till I get the new parts.

Good luck with FLM. I had the same problem and tried to call and email them for a week. I had purchased the plates through SMF and after explaining the situation to them SMF refunded my purchase and said he would deal with FLM. I ended up getting Innovative TVP's and they fit great.

Addicted2RC answered my call about 9 PM last night. Today, I got through to FLM's office and was told to call tech in the machine shop. My call wasn't returned today.

This is just a thought. Maybe you put it on upside-down or you have them on inverted?

I still haven't heard from FLM yet, so I dropped Addicted2RC an Email. I'm wondering if they sent the wrong part. Does anyone know if there would be a difference between the older Savage and the 4.6 Savage X that might account for them not fitting?

Since I'll probably have to swap them out, I'm now considering going for the extended lowered CG plates. Has anyone gotten them, and how did they work out?
The lowered plates specify some modification to use the roto-start, but it doesn't mention that for the extended.

Sorry for not responding to your post, Coby, but I'm laughing too hard to type. :LoL:

I was wondering if the problem was because you were trying to use regular Savage plates on a Savage X. I haven't had my savaeg for quite some time, but I remember reading on one of the brands that I was researching that the plates were not interchangable.

Oh yea ROlex, I thought I'd tell ya about this just in case. I was getting ready to go brushless with my Savage before people started kicking the door in trying to buy it. I sent FLM a couple of emails and never really heard back from them. Well it turned out, a week later, I was going through my junk mail and was the emails from them. They answered both my questions immidiately and they had been sitting in the junk folder. Now I know that you were waiting on a phone call, but I just thought that I would let you know just in case it was helpful.

I can't understand buying those TVP's and NOT getting the lower COG ones for sure, and preferably lowered and extended. Quit being a wuss a just buy them. I know what you're worried about, and you will still have plenty of room to get the duster between the shelf and the truck, we're not talking about building a low rider, just something that you can feel comfortable knowing that if someone were to ever drive it, it would handle decently. Trust me, after driving my Savage, I think it's a mistake to not have the lower COG TVP's.

Last edited:
Then I guessed right. There should have been a comment to that effect. I bought 2 cooling heads that didn't fit, and had to pay shipping back also. Then I found Nova and they specified that there was a different head for the X.

How do I know the lowered/extended plates will fit?

I bought 2 cooling heads that didn't fit, and had to pay shipping back also.

I'm starting to think Rob's right about the senior moments, you'vbe now ordered the wrong parts for a third time with no sign of things getting better.

I still don't understand why this mini-T body doesn't fit, either. When I ordered it, it did NOT say it WOULDN'T fit a Savage.

Back