Who Lives in a Pineapple Under the Sea??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
In Memoriam
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Spongebob Squarepants! That's who!

IMG_6361s.jpg

IMG_6371s.jpg

IMG_6359s.jpg

IMG_6362s.jpg

IMG_6360s.jpg

Porous, yellow, absorbent is he...

Very cool Joe!

God Damn.... Now that's some painting skills right there...
I bet you got some serious hours into that one...
Looks killer bro.. :cheers:

That is one of the coolest lids I have seen. Very very cool. Excellent job!

That is the best and coolest paint job I have seen either on a 1:1 or rc. I got to had it to you. I love the way hes hanging on to the front thats great.

Bryson

I bet you got some serious hours into that one...

Thanks for the compliments guys.

TJ you have no clue how many hours actually went in to this. Well over 20 different custom mixed colors, drawing the artwork on the lid, and I don't even know how many hours of going crosseyed cutting everything out of the Bob Divelys lm. Not to mention I spent almost as much time cleaning the brush as painting, lol.

Unfortunately you can't see some of the detail in the pics, the flash detracts from them. There is actually a fade from a sky blue on the top down to a almost petty blue on the bottom. The pics really do not do this one justice.

That looks awesome Joe. My hand is cramping just thinking about it.

Outstanding job on the lid Joe. You really outdid yourself on this one. Great work!

Great work Joe, that thing is awesome! I knew you were doing a toon body, I saw you asking about it elsewhere and since I knew he wore these for xmas I had a feeling it would be Sponge BOB.

Too bad the knucklehead it's for will probably crack it on a scoring pylon LOL

Nice job Joe. Is that for an ST-R?

Certainly showed some mad skillz man. Nice job!!!

You got to tell us who its for!!!

Ha, Ha, great job. I have a similar idea for a different animated series (you would never guess) but I don't have the skills to pull it off.

I can't HEAR you!!!!!!!

SPONGE BOB SQUARE PANTS!!!.....

Nice WORK MAN

The Monkey will enjoy it!!! Although he will have ruined in a few laps.....;)

Talon

Too bad the knucklehead it's for will probably crack it on a scoring pylon LOL

The Monkey will enjoy it!!! Although he will have ruined in a few laps.....

Man, you guys are BRUTAL! Why you gots to be hatin' and all?

Trust me, I have NO intention of racing this body until I get much more used to the truggy it's going on! I'll take it to the track to show it off, but I'll be racing the basher body for awhile! No friggin' way I'm letting this thing get damaged!

Thanks again to NC for a killer lid! I cannot wait to show it to my kids, they're going to flip!

that is sooooo freakin' cool! man, I don't know how you pull off stuff like this. So that's ALL paint? no paint pens or anything like that? I'm just finishing a body myself.. now it looks like crap hehe. Nice work bro.. excellent!

Yep, all paint, except for the headlights and grille. This one took me quite a bit longer than I had originally expected. I actually lost track of how many hours I spent cutting out all the black trim in the liquid mask. I would actually have to stop for a while, my eyes would start crossing and my head would hurt, lol.

Back