Crome remover?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mach1basher

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
How do you do this? Iwant to remove the crome from the stock 2.5 revo rims. They look sick all blacked out!!!!!:dance:

Take Acetone... (Pure Acetone as nail color remover... my wife hates me now... LOL)
You can pretty much "polish the chrome right off"

CAUTION:
Don't smoke, don't become a sniffer, don't drink, don't put the glas on a wooden table, don't get too much on the tires...

There are two (2) layers... it turns beige and then white... I stopped when I hit the beige stuff, you'll need to sand it slightly to make any color stick.
Same you can do with the bumpers... just put them into a acetone bath... the color will come right off... they are black underneath, and very shiny.

I use easy off oven cleaner to remove the chrome, it works great. But I would not recomend sanding or painting them. After removing the chrome dye the rims black using rit dye. After you dye them they will look flat, just take a clean dry washcloth and polish them up. The dye wont scratch off like paint will.

It isn't blach under the crome???:\

i use the greased lightning, same stuff you use to remove the anno. and one of those scratch pads for cleaning pans and stuff. let it soak for about 20 min and it comes right off, you can then die them black with rite die. i stripped these stock savage rims and sprayed them with a textured "powder coat" looking stuff.

DSC02122.gif

i also did a stock 3.3 revo bumper, and it was black underneath.

you can also buy Acetone in a quart can at wal-mart. Look in your auto/ fiberglass section.

WARNING:Only try to buy one can at a time!! Acetone is not age limited, but quantity limited! one can per visit. I had the cops called on me, because i tryed to buy 2 cans when i was fiberglassing.

What if I spraypainted it black?

What if I spraypainted it black?
It can be done but it scratches off easy and chips easy. Then looks like hell because of it being white underneath. You can pick up Rit dye at any grocery store. Its like $1.99 a box and is easy to use. But wear gloves.