Team Associated RC18R

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
The Team Associated RC18T goes road rally racing!

You've seen the big boys having fun road rally racing on TV Sunday mornings. Well, the new Team Associated RC18R Mitsubishi Lancer, Citroën Xsara, and the unique AE Kamino ground pounder will soon be burning up the track in your neighborhood back yards and local track!

READ MORE

Oh man that is one sweet rig! I love Rally racing. It doesn't look to different than the 18T... I wonder if you could convert an 18T? Anywho... I love the 18th scale market... those things may be small, but the fun you have with them sure aint. Thanks for the info Woodie!

Tom

All the 18 series are based on the same chassis design and all have the same parts. The exception is the tires and body. On the B (Buggy) I do believe the shock towers are a bit different.

From what I read the R (Rally) will use a shorter set of A-arms and dog bones as well as steering linkage to accommodate them. Ill Ass-U-Me that a conversion kit / parts for the T,MT, and B to an R will be cheap.

Our local on road track races 18th as a fun class and has become very popular. I'm looking into building up an 18 for next year. This announcement comes just in time.

I never really looked into 18th scale until this past summer. Our LHS also started running them as a fun class.. and even had a 1/18th day and that is where I got the chance to run one and after that I was hooked.

Tom

Cute cute cute! And just in time for Christmas.

sweetdiesel said:
Cute cute cute! And just in time for Christmas.

It's always "just in time for Christmas"... just when you thought you had your list all ready....

I think I have to have one!

Dear Santa,

Revision 5.2.1

Please add a new RC18R

Love,

Tom

FastEddy said:
You know Santa has an e-mail addy.....

Sweeeeet! I will have to ad that one to my list!

Tom

Noooo I can't spend any more. Hellooooo..helloooo..hellooooo nope, nothing but echoes from the wallet. <sigh>

Team17 needs a blue Lancer body if anyone feels like getting him a present for xmas.

One more micro to hop-up!

You can tell that it's track is waaay more narrow than it's cousins. Also looks like a new short tower in the back, probably short shocks in the back as well. Actually, the towers look like that of a front T,B,MT tower with an extra section molded for the body posts. Pretty sweet!

Last edited:
Not into electrics but this is making me look more. I am getting more into the drifting scene so this maybe something I would want to try out just in my garage. I am diggin that evo8 lid.Nice!!

I will definately be getting one of these! that thing looks awsome.

jon2 said:
Not into electrics but this is making me look more. I am getting more into the drifting scene so this maybe something I would want to try out just in my garage. I am diggin that evo8 lid.Nice!!

That is exactly what I was thinking too... I could learn to drift if the garage... It would work really well I think... giving its size it would work like a champ. I have to have one as well!

Tom

this car looks awsome....I might have to get one of these too but if you guys are looking to get em to drift I'd think about it......drifting 1/18th scale is alot harder than 1/10th....besides if you set up a 11/0 scale right they don't go very fast when they drift.....I drift mine in my living room mostly on the tile....only about 10x10 floor space when I move the coffee table.....I say buy a cheap TC3 or 4 and beat on that for drifting

Plaidfish said:
this car looks awsome....I might have to get one of these too but if you guys are looking to get em to drift I'd think about it......drifting 1/18th scale is alot harder than 1/10th....besides if you set up a 11/0 scale right they don't go very fast when they drift.....I drift mine in my living room mostly on the tile....only about 10x10 floor space when I move the coffee table.....I say buy a cheap TC3 or 4 and beat on that for drifting
That very well may be true but as RC enthusiasts trying new things is what the hobby is about. I wonder how well it work to drift with the D-Box. If the D-Box can do it so can we!!!LMAO.

FastEddy said:
Any release date on them yet?

Hey Ed,

I beleive that the scheduled release date is set for the second week of December.

Tom

godale03 said:
Hey Ed,

I beleive that the scheduled release date is set for the second week of December.

Tom

Thats what my distributor just told me.
Wonder how long till the FT kit comes out. Thats the one I want.

Back