New truck or put $600.00 into TMaxx?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hugo

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Last question before I buy anything. Spend the money on something new or put it into my TMaxx? I already have some hop ups on it.:ponder2:

Well, I hate to be the pessimist here, but $600 is ALOT to throw into hopups alone. I would be inclined to buy a new truck. Like I said in the other thread, the Maxx is a decent truck. But I'm not the kind to throw that kind of change into that kind of ride. Buy a Savage or something like that. Then you'll have 2.

hehe ...cost alot to make a decend tmaxx ...but what you have already on your tmaxx ....and are you planing to make a big block????

Hey, T-Maxx. I had no plans until I do a search to see what hop ups are rec. But I think you're right. I think I will invest in a new one. Trouble with getting a Revo is it's maxxed (no pun intended) me out $$ wise. But I will have more cash down the road to put hop ups on if I decide too. Think I'll get used to it first before buying any bling. It's so hard when you're a newb. cause you can go so many ways.

just tell me what you have in hop ups in your maxx and i can tell you what is the most important stuff you will need if you decide to do it

Hugo, I did the hopped up maxx and it was fun....I loved it and had soo much fun I don't regret doing it at all.....HOWEVER the newer trucks are a lil easier to work on, they will have parts available longer & IF you need to sell it you won't take a total bath on your investment......

NOW, if you want a good RTR get teh Revo for racing Savage for abashing....

If you are looking to make a bad ass truck then I'm all for getting hop ups......

RPM arms = 45
MIP CVDs/Powerstroke shocks/Lunsford Ti (kit on fleabay) = 112
ACNC Towers = 40 (sale right now)
Center CVDs = 50
proline steering kit = 30
Aluminum Chassis Braces = 30
Steering Servo = ~50
RRP brake = 30
RRP slipper = 30
tranny gears (w/ FOC) = 80
bearings = 40
RPM knuckles = 60 (Fr & Rr)
engine/pipe hit Revo Rancher up for his LHS number...great deal on the RB .23 kit about 220....

that's rough estimating what stuff is going for right now......
personally I think you have some soul searching to do....do you want or will you be happy w/ a stock RC?? are you the type to hop it up anyway?? if so I'd just make what you have better......once you replace all the stock parts on them the T-maxx is pretty bad ass....but I guess it's no longer a T-maxx anymore huh??

You're right. I do have some soul searching to do. There's just so many choices and ways you can go with this stuff. It's just I have a TMaxx so you kinda wonder if you need another MT. Thanks

I like the geometry of the maxx...compact so it turns around a basketball....and you cna get some serious engines for the stock chassis now.....also, parts are going to be cheaper than any of the newer trucks...and since everyone is dumping them to get newer stuff you can pick up rollers real cheap and stock up a pit box for racing/bashing.......this is NOT a popular opinion so take it w/ the realization everyone views their stuff differently.....all my RC except the 1/8 scale buggy are all older models....most have been replaced by the mnfr w/ the newer model completely....does that make them any less of an RC????
all I know is I run 5-6 tanks non-stop on my stuff while all the guys making fun of my "antiques" are wrenching......point is if you don't care about the bling factor most RCs will do what you need.....or be able to be modified to do it.....If you like th way your maxx drives but want to make it better do it...it's a personal prefference thing and unfortunately the only way most of us find out if we like something is to sink the dough in it and hope our research / recommendations and gut instincts are up to snuff....

I agree with plaid. If you are a tmaxx fanatic, then stick with it.. but for 600 you could do a lot.

LST
MGT
Revo
Savage.

I recomment the MGT, but I don't want to start a this one is better.. no that one is better contest.

adrian