Raptor

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rx7r695p

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Dude.... :coffee: where's my buggy...LOL I just bought a PRP Raptor & it's sick.... I just ran 2 tanks at idle, then when I went out to do the break in run I messed with the needles because it kept dying when I accelerated after letting go of the throttle to break and then waiting for the rpm's to go down.... Why are the rpm's staying really high when I let go of the gas for about 30 sec. How do I tune the low speed and when do I have to. Please explain it to me.... I follow directions very welll......BRAPPPP ON :boxing:

rx7r695p said:
Dude.... :coffee: where's my buggy...LOL I just bought a PRP Raptor & it's sick.... I just ran 2 tanks at idle, then when I went out to do the break in run I messed with the needles because it kept dying when I accelerated after letting go of the throttle to break and then waiting for the rpm's to go down.... Why are the rpm's staying really high when I let go of the gas for about 30 sec. How do I tune the low speed and when do I have to. Please explain it to me.... I follow directions very welll......BRAPPPP ON :boxing:

The factory settings for the toki .27 nitro engine is 4.75 turns out from bottom on the high-end needle and 3.50 turns out from bottom on the low-end needle. The engine likes to run rich so try not too lean out the needles too much. I tried different calibrations for the carborator and found out that the top end needle cannot be leaned out too much. I would have to say that your maximum leaned out position for the high-end needle is 3.50 turns out. Anywhere below that, the engine will run very hot; which is usually not very good for ALL nitro engines. Because the tank is 270cc, I would reccomend to run just 2 tanks at idle. We've calibrated the carborator already at the standard factory settings, so you don't have to worry about that. Temperature ranges for the .27 toki engine is 210-230 degress F. You might also want to check the stop idle screw on you engine and your radio settings for the throttle. The stop idle adjuster should have a slight opening. When you take out the air filter system, you'll see this opening ( its the shape of an eye ). The best way to calibrate this is to turn on your radio and car's electronics ( servos ). Do your settings for the radio and then calibrate the stop idle screw ( located just below the high-end needle ). Hope this helps.

braaaap.jpg
:cheers:

Last edited:
hey RX, How similar are the Raptor lower a arms compared to the savage? Are they interchangeable or can they be modified to fit the savage?

Hey rx7r695p good to see u like the Raptor I would like to see a review. Video would be nice aswel if you can if not let us know how it turns out. Let us know if u break anything I dont wanna make the same mistake as I did with the T-Maxx. Cheers