Redcat Racing Tornado S30 Buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yo whats up man.. i just bought that same exact buggy for my 1st ever and it is very easy to use and i abs love it! it is very fast and has many upgradable parts available. i highly recomend it

It's a neat little buggy to start with! You'll may learn to despise the 2speed though, as it startes hanging in 2nd gear if you run it offroad much.. (A few seem to never have probs, but most do from what I've read) Not sure why, they just quit shifting.. I've had mine apart numberous times and wouldnt find anything wrong with it, so back together it'd go, then would stop shifting again after about a tank of fuel.. Finally I swapped it for the single speed tranny and never looked back! They have a Redcat Racing Support forum.. Just do a search for it on google or the redcat website also has a link.. :)

PS: If ya havent already, take and put an "o" ring in each "front" wheel drive cup. (that or a 2mm slice of fuel line) put it in the cup then reinsert the dogbone.. They have a habit of spitting out dogbones on the front, if ya roll or take a hit, while the steering is at full lock.. That little trick will save ya from having to order a new set of dogbones.. (You can also spray the dogbones brite orange so you can find them if they fall out, but if ya do the "o" ring trick, they wont fall out anymore)

Last edited:
ok thanks for the tip. i really like the s30. i havnt bought it yet but I'm planning to by summer I'm just educating myself

LT, the S30 is a great buggy. Of the two 1/10 scale that own, Shockwave & S30 by far the S30 is much faster and engine quiet. I wouldn't worry about the 2-speed if you have the gap setup correctly between gears. Use a paper and run it through and if comes out Gig-saw and no cuts, you got the proper gapping. The folks that are experiencing issues most likely due to lack of clearance or too far apart both will wear down your 2-speed gearing fast. Good luck!

Redcat racing are not renowned for quality and many people have had issues with that, as well as the fact that spares can be difficult to find and are needed a lot due to the quality being poor. What's going on with these new members with two posts? Somethings not right...

LT, the S30 is a great buggy. Of the two 1/10 scale that own, Shockwave & S30 by far the S30 is much faster and engine quiet. I wouldn't worry about the 2-speed if you have the gap setup correctly between gears. Use a paper and run it through and if comes out Gig-saw and no cuts, you got the proper gapping. The folks that are experiencing issues most likely due to lack of clearance or too far apart both will wear down your 2-speed gearing fast. Good luck!
This is a very old thread that you're trying to resurrect. As far as Redcat goes, I'd recommend against them for a lack of replacement parts locally and no real upgrades available.

This is a very old thread that you're trying to resurrect. As far as Redcat goes, I'd recommend against them for a lack of replacement parts locally and no real upgrades available.
It's time I got a watch...

Back