not really a project on a car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitroking

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
since i can't gfind a body with dually fenders i am gonna get a sheet of leaxan and some how bend so fenders out of it.. and stick them on the body..

cause my dad can machine longer wheel studs so i can fit(two on each side) stock stadium tires on the back

dude, thats gonna KILL the speed and power. what engine are you running?

i am gonna by a .21bb engine

that would help, but you still will loose a lot of power

Like what are you guys talking about?

EB

Originally posted by KoRnKiD
DUDE PICS ASAP!

dude.. i got to get my truck running right before i go and spend money on a body and a sheet of lexan..

i am having probs with priming it and last night i had to rebuild the recoil on the pull start.

and does any one no a good to bend the lexan?

I was just saying I want to see that so bad.

use a lighter or a heat gun to heat the place you want to bend it and heat it just enough to soften it and hold it they way you want it and when it cools it will stay.

I'm with paintballgod

A heat gun works well. Just keep in mind it is VERY hard to do if you are trying to bend a loooooooong section at once.

yea it wont be very l;ong..

does any one know where i can buy a sheet of lexan?

and if you want perfect curves for the fenders or whatever, use a pvc pipe or something round that the lexan can mold to

does any one no how the scale done r/c cars from 1:1-1:10/1:8?

ye ai did it sort of in my tech class... or this could be one ways it is called a vac molder you heat up this sheet of plastic and then when is it nice and done u "swing it over and turn the vac on and it forms to it... that is how i think they do it cuz if it was injection molding then u would see some sort of holes in the body i will look for pics

ok here is a "high tech one" are school has a cheap one this is a page on how one works sort of http://www.plastic-metal.com/Vacuumformingservices.htm

Back