How do they keep doing this?!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't buy anything Tamiya period. Unless you keeping it as a shelf car. Unless you buy high end Tamiya, that's a whole separate thing though.

Mine shredded the gearing in like 2 battery packs. Yes my servo in the car is drunk. Maybe because it came from Amazon 🤔🤷 Would have been worse if it came from AliExpress 🤣

(i know it's not the servo. It's just the super super dooper poopy sloppy steering rack)

Mine has the slop out of the box. I delt with it.

LOL this is pure tamiya..and very fare from a piece

clod 2.jpg

Ooohhhh giggity goo

dual brushless motors with 4 wheel steering and a few extras

Don't buy anything Tamiya period. Unless you keeping it as a shelf car. Unless you buy high end Tamiya, that's a whole separate thing though.
If I buy another Tamiya it'll probably be a static model, they're great at the whole "shelf-queen" thing.

Their old stuff had its share of faults but I feel like there was more effort put into them, you can drive a Hornet in a straight line without any crab walking or losing dogbones.

Last edited:
Your not making me feel good about the Euro truck I just ordered.

Your not making me feel good about the Euro truck I just ordered.
The Eurotruck runs on the TT-01E platform, which other than plasfic bushings and cheap pinion gear, is okay in my book. Instead of being "versatile", it's just a cheap TC4 knock-off that can run around a track without problems.

Instead of making a dedicated chassis for rwd or fwd bodyshells, Tamiya decided to cut corners and make a "versatile" chassis that's bad all around. Of course, none of these cost savings are passed onto the consumer (we still get bushings, ABS plastic, etc).

What makes the BT/MB01 bad is that Tamiya took the terrible front suspension arms from the TT-02 and installed them at all four corners, along with cheap sloppy ball cups. Most RC suspension arms are wide chassis side and get narrow near the hub, the TT02s are the opposite.

So bad. A TT or some other entry level Tamiya is not worth it, however cheap they are. And the expensive ones are too expensive for what they are. I can get a race grade kit (Carten) for the price of these crappy plastic bushing wood screw pieces of obsolete engineering.

So bad. A TT or some other entry level Tamiya is not worth it, however cheap they are. And the expensive ones are too expensive for what they are. I can get a race grade kit (Carten) for the price of these crappy plastic bushing wood screw pieces of obsolete engineering.
Well said 😆

Back