CJ's Ultimate X-Maxx 8s "Blue Maxxine" Build Thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably won't be able to fix it. But I could try to help.

With the RC8X

Probably won't be able to fix it. But I could try to help.

With the RC8X
I kinda am worried i might not be able to fix my RC8X but i'll give you a description of the problem i had. On start up of both the radio and the model it would connect but throttle wouldn't work and steering would turn extremely slowly that's my current issue with mine. BTW thanks for offering to help me.

Never had that issue myself. Could possibly try to factory reset the radio, rebind, and recalibrate.

What / which firmware are you running?

I updated mine to 1.2.5 and I put mine away. Haven't used it in months. Every time since I updated it for the first time in September, its always had issues.

See thread here: https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/radiolink-rc8x.141973/

Never had that issue myself. Could possibly try to factory reset the radio, rebind, and recalibrate.

What / which firmware are you running?

I updated mine to 1.2.5 and I put mine away. Haven't used it in months. Every time since I updated it for the first time in September, its always had issues.

See thread here: https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/radiolink-rc8x.141973/
That's the thing i did update it last month and it work great before that. I could try rebinding and resetting it i did try to recalibrate it and it did nothing on my X-Maxx and idk what firmware i updated it to i think it was 1.2.9 but before then i worked okay. But thanks for the suggestions. Next time i'll try some of those troubleshooting methods and see if they work. Thank you so much. Update: Powered mine on found it was running firmware version 1.2.5 hope this helps.

Last edited:
Update with my RC8X i found out on radiolink's update page says before or after you update the RC8X's firmware from 1.2.3 you should disable the steering and throttle or channel delay. I did that on mine so i will have to test it tomorrow or whenever i have some spare time to test it. But how knows i may have fixed my radio just by fixing a setting. I'll find out soon, I want to give a shout out to @DavidB1126 Thanks for the suggestions and help.

Update with my RC8X i found out on radiolink's update page says before or after you update the RC8X's firmware from 1.2.3 you should disable the steering and throttle or channel delay. I did that on mine so i will have to test it tomorrow or whenever i have some spare time to test it. But how knows i may have fixed my radio just by fixing a setting. I'll find out soon, I want to give a shout out to @DavidB1126 Thanks for the suggestions and help.
Another update for my RC8X, I finally got to test it today after i discovered the cure for it and applied it to mine. I'm happy to say it's fixed now! It turned out to be some settings were pre applied after the 1.2.5 FW update that made the radio unusable that was the Steering and throttle delay was turned up to 4 sec for steering both left and right. And the Throttle was 2.4 to 4.0 sec both ways so after disabled all of it my radio is now fixed and i can now use it again even though this was thread about my X-Maxx and not my RC8X. And thanks again and shout out to @DavidB1126 for giving me some fix suggestions and help with my radio issues. See you all next time i run Maxxine or any of my other rigs, Bye for now.

How's it going today? Last night i finally installed my new Blue aluminum Traxxas wheel hexes part #TRA7756X for My Ultimate X-Maxx "Maxxine" Project and here's some pics of installing them from last night.
20240519_203649.jpg

Here's the stock front hex and on the side is the new hexes. You can also tell i have stock front caster blocks and knuckles this truck used to have Red Integy aluminum ones but i took them off and bought the plastic ones to better fit the Blue theme i was going for as well as fit my new RPM 20x32x7mm bearings. The Red ones only supported the older 20x27x4mm bearings.
20240519_203738.jpg

Here's the left front corner installed.
20240519_203744.jpg

A pic of a stock plastic hex compared to my new aluminum hex.
20240519_204253.jpg

Here's my rear carrier with both the new hex and the stock old one as well as the RPM rear hub carriers a part used to be a must have for any new X-Maxx owner. But since Traxxas updated the uprights around 2022 but i did decide to do it anyways since my truck was produced before the update. I almost forgot to mention the RPM threaded hinge pins i have on the rear they came with my truck when i first got her but kept them since they are a great upgrade to have.
20240519_204558.jpg

Here's the completed rear hub with the new aluminum hex. So what's next for Maxxine? you may ask, My next plan is new blue HD arms since one of my stock arms is almost broken then a Traxxas X-Truck stand to help me better work on her as well as use it for my other projects. Then next will be a new body i will either do an Ultimate edition one or the rock n roll style one like my first ever X-Maxx.

Back