wont prime

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HSPGuy2190

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
iv got the fuel lines set up right and all I'm getting is fuel running to the exhaust ???? and nothing to the engiine , what have i missed :\

I went back and looked at your pictures. Do you have the line that comes off the top of your cap on the tank going to the exhaust?

yeah i do :) and the other line going to the engine , just like in the stock pics

---------- Post added at 1:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:45 AM ----------

swap the lines over ? no

It will not work swapping the lines. Take some fuel out of the tank and start with about 1/2 tank so that you drop the level in the tank and it can't run back to the exhaust from the top of the cap. Take your fuel lines off and start over. Hook up both lines to the tank but do not connect them to the engine and exhaust. Holding the line that goes to the carb, very lightly blow into the line going to the top of the tank until fuel runs out and then pinch it and hook it up to the carb while the line is full. Then hook up the line to the exhaust and give it a try again.

yeah took sum fuel out and put my finger over the exhaust hole and primed her but nothing i guess the glow plug thingo is flat

You have a big leak somewhere. Check the pipe to header coupler, header gasket, fuel tank seal... All the easy to get at places first. If all that checks out, I'd seal the entire engine and try again.

I'm gong to ask a silly question since I don't see any pictures, Do you have a fuel line clamp pinching the fuel line?

This fellow is way past this point now. Has a few threads goin on this rig. Took me awhile to catch up too.:)

yeah took sum fuel out and put my finger over the exhaust hole and primed her but nothing i guess the glow plug thingo is flat

glow plug has nothing to do with priming your engine, other than creating a seal in the chamber to suck the fuel in. You could put a screw in the glow plug hole and still prime it successfully. Your glow plug only starts and keeps the engine running really. I have no idea whats wrong, I dont see any possible reasons or way for the fuel flowing in the exhaust line to the pipe.