Woman attacks teen who was flying drone at beach

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing

Andrea Mears, 24, faces assault charges after confronting a teenager who was flying a RC drone to film above Hammonasset Beach. Andrea Mears was charged with third-degree assault and breach of peace after an investigation into the encounter.

The youtube video shows the woman calling 17-year-old Austin Haughwout a pervert, striking him and ripping his shirt. When cops arrived Andrea tried to tell cops that he attacked her and it wasn't until the teen showed them the iphone video, showing she was the one who attacked him.

Stay safe out there guys! :\

News article link.

Last edited:
Most people don't realize that most of the quads flying today aren't used for video and are terrified of them none-the-less because of the press hype on them.

LMAO!

Psycho chick!

If so, Rolex, why do you polish the Savvy so much???????? =devil

Dude was a female pee pee. Screaming like a little girl "Someone help me!!!"
If a woman comes at you like a man, she deserves to be treated like a man. She tackles you and starts landing some closed fisted blows, use whatever force necessary.

Also, anyone else see how pale homeboy was? Fudge!!!

And in tonight's news: Unsuccessful cougar maulings, and how to ready yourself.

alpine, you know better than that. If a man started punching a woman regardless of "who started it" the man would be locked up quicker than they could get the cuffs on him.

Not to say I wouldn't want to hit her back, I'd say he showed some pretty strong restraint not to.

Fighting back might have broken his phone. I give him credit for the restraint it took in order to get her arrested.
Some years ago a friend of mine who was a cop, got called to a "Gender Bender" bar for a fight. After getting the big woman outside he was going to calm her down and just tell her to leave.
She decided, instead, to kick him square in the giblets, and on his way to the ground he cold cocked her with his flashlight. Lights out, cuffs on and everyone in the crowd applauded his action.

If I knew I was being recorded, I would not have fought back either.

I would have copped a feel or two though.

:hehe: @robmob

Crazy lady for sure. Being attacked by a chick is intimidating to say the least. So hard to know what to do. My brother was the victim in a abusive marriage because he would never fight back, almost cost him his life too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Part of the problem lies with calling them Drones instead of Quad-copters. When someone hears the word Drone, they instantly think of nosy military aircraft.

Thanks, Ron. Those are my thoughts exactly.

yea, people are afraid of drones because they think that the government is trying to spy on them. I hate conspiracy theorists.

freakin people today are crazy and not just over drones. I imagine being only 17 hes probably never been confronted with a violent adult before. He probably wasn't sure how to react and all he was concerned about was protecting his expensive hobby stuff. I remember when I got my jaw rocked when i was 16 by a guy in his mid to late 30's because he thought I stole something from his garage down the street. The though of fighting back never occurred to me in spite of the fact that at 16 I was 6ft tall and weighed 225lbs. I had at least 3 or 4 inches and a good 30 or so lbs on him but it never occurred to me to fight back because in my mind I was just a kid and he was a grown man. I'm guessing he had a similar issue.

From what I understand, this is the same guy that got attacked on the beach in the preceding posts.
Obviously, he's creating quite a problem for anyone that flies these things for the sheer enjoyment.
Just stay tuned. Sooner or later his karma will come around and take a chunk out of his dumb ass.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/21/us/gun-drone-connecticut/

Back