witch engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tootallpaul

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I currently have a 2.5r in my t maxx and I'm looking to go with either the Picco.26 Max - O.S 30 VGX- or the Sirio .27.. Witch one?? and why. Whats the difference with the number of ports the engine has? what type of tuned pipe would be a good choice? I've heard that you need to get steel drive shafts and I got them but cannot find internal tranny gears that are steel.
I'm looking to go fast (of course) but also long life, parts avabilty for rebuild, and so on,

So far my truck has the following Integy frnt/rear bulkheads, RPM arms, knuckles, bumpers, shock towers, roll cage, and bead lock rims.

Next is the motor and shocks
Thanks for reading Paul

Picco Max. I have one in my stock (except for metal driveshafts) Maxx and it throws it around like crazy. Have to control the throttle to keep it from flipping without the wheelie bar, and even with it if you aren't careful it'll tip up on the bar and flip backwards. Anything bigger and you'll start having major driveline problems, as well as scratches and dings everywhere.

I had a OS .18tm in my revo, it used the ezstart and had GREAT power, very easy to tune and easy on fuel. I would go that route, OS now has a .21 for the revo/max, it would be a very good choice!

definately the picco... either a 26 maxx or a 21 maxx, i would go with these becuase they are great, long lasting, POWERFUL engines, and they are almost a direct bolt in fit for the truck... the one downside is that you would need to spend quite a bit of money on steel gear for your transmission from robinson racing products to make the trucks transmission strong enough for a big block....

have fun, and a very good upgrade choice.

Back