Wish i was this lucky

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

preludetospeed

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just got off with one of my friends that knew it was into Nitro RC's and he told me his grandfather was getting out of it and gave him 1 brand new T-Max (never been run) 2 Nitro Planes and 2 RC tanks. Man I wish i was that luck and someone would just give me something like that. I can't even get mine to run!!! But at least i can help him with his. :yes:

I just got off with one of my friends that knew it was into Nitro RC's and he told me his grandfather was getting out of it and gave him 1 brand new T-Max (never been run) 2 Nitro Planes and 2 RC tanks. Man I wish i was that luck and someone would just give me something like that. I can't even get mine to run!!! But at least i can help him with his. :yes:

Some have all the luck !!!

Why can't you get yours running?

Dave

I think it needs a new motor. Mine is a whole sad story because i want one of these things since i was like 12 and then about 18 i got the money and bought one. Started it up and had a blast then my friend fliped it with no body on it putting a big whole in the crank case. I rebiult it after he bought me a new one and it ran good after that then one day i went out and it wouldnt start. bought new fuel new lines, a filter, and did everthing i knew how to do and still wont start. I have only run probably a gal threw it, maybe not even that much. but thats my sad story i need to cut down on some hobbies and get money to put this thing back together. so short story long if you know of someone selling a good 2.5 engine hit me up. :surrender i really do want to get back into this because now I'm not quite so young and stupid. w

Actually, instead of the TRX 2.5, why not go an OS 18? It's a direct drop in, and TONS more power.

Now, as to why it won't start... The only reason an engine won't start after sitting a while (longer than a few days), is if you left fuel in it. The fuel will dry up into a gum-like goo and clog the internals. The only way to clear it out is to break the engine down and clean it out.

u should never leave gas in it, try cleaning out the internals and change the glow plug

u should never leave gas in it, try cleaning out the internals and change the glow plug

Yeah i know this from the hard way though i didnt take the engine apart and clean it i did replace the fuel tank and new fuel lines i might try to clean the whole thing... should i take it apart or is carb cleaner where it can get to ok?? thanks for any info!

Yeah i know this from the hard way though i didnt take the engine apart and clean it i did replace the fuel tank and new fuel lines i might try to clean the whole thing... should i take it apart or is carb cleaner where it can get to ok?? thanks for any info!
if you have gummed up fuel left in your engine take it and your carb completely apart and clean every thing with DA(denatured alcohol)( it can be bought at any place like lowes or hardware stores usually in the paint section) and the assemble it and set the needles back to stock. if indeed your engine is shot the i would agree with heart break os 18 is awesome and only around 150 new

if you have gummed up fuel left in your engine take it and your carb completely apart and clean every thing with DA(denatured alcohol)( it can be bought at any place like lowes or hardware stores usually in the paint section) and the assemble it and set the needles back to stock. if indeed your engine is shot the i would agree with heart break os 18 is awesome and only around 150 new

:goodpost: Exactly the correct action to take. Except, let it air dry thoroughly before re-assembling, just to be safe. Re-oil everything too, once you get it back together, to lube the internals for the first startup. Some decent afterrun oil will do the trick nicely.

You'd need one with a slide carb. That, and you'll need the side exhaust header and pipe from the old .15 Maxx.

Well I think that I am just going to go with the 2.5r because my LHS has them for a reasonable price and they are decently powerful. I mean how much power does a little truck like the Nitro Rustler need? Wait don’t answer that because I know the answer, all you can put in it, but I just don’t have a lot of money right now so this will be a cheaper way to just get it going so I can have some fun. Then once this summer is over and I get through my unemployed summer thing and then I will start to spend a little more on it.