Winterizing and waterproofing.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

durwank

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I decided to do some waterproofing on my CR-01 because it seems like I am always playing with down the road at the creek. A good friend on mine told me about these boxes at Radio Shack.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ecn2_audioslave-show-me-how-to-live_music
This is the one I had to get because my Rooster speed control is over 1 inch tall and wouldn't fit into a smaller box. This box was a little to long to fit in the rear of my truck so using a miter box and saw I was able to cut 1 inch out of the middle of it. Since the miter box helped me to make two perfect cuts I was able to glue the halves back together with ease. This is what it turned out to be.
IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

You can see the line in the box where it was cut. I then used some clear sisicone to seal it up where the wires come out and then I mounted the on/off switch as high up as possible.
As for the servo, I coated it with several coats of liquid tape. It has been submerged several times now and is still working fine.

?
What about motor care after running it in water?

I think you meant to link to something else lol. But yeah those boxes work well, nice job. I've never actually done anything to a motor before or after submerging it and I've not had any troubles really.

lol YES, I did mean to link to a Radio Shack page! Guess I had to many things going at once. Hey, at least it's a link to a cool song!

I really like to double ballon my electronics and then zip tie the wires coming out of the ballons. After that I put a small amont of grease where the wire go down into the ballons.

Back