Who else uses MS Outlook 2007?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajames942

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well, I just finally got it working, but theres one problem. Theres two things for email, at the top there is inbox, outbox, sent like normal but they do nothing. I uploaded my email account, but that is at the bottom and I have to use Sub Folders. Follow the arrows.

1593qw.png

the top one is personal folders, right click on your outlook icon on the desktop, then go to the second button. to the data files tab, and remove the personal folders listing.

Last edited:
I vaguelly remember having to deal with that with Outlook 2003 when I installed it.

In 2003:
Go to Tools -> E-Mail Accounts -> View or change existing accounts ->
Click on the account you want to change and there's a box at the bottom with the title:
Deliver new mail to the following location:
Then in the drop down, you can choose the outlook mail file you want it to use.

I can take screen shots if it will help.

In general, your outlook looks similar to mine.

I understand what everyone is saying, but it never did this before. In that picture, all those email are suppose to be deleted. They dont delete right.

it looks like they have been marked for delete, but you havent synchronized. run the "send/receive" and see if it cleans it up

That didnt do anything. I will mess around with it more.

that sir for sure looks like your running your setup as an imap system, if that is correct, then you will have to hit edit - purge - pick the folder u need to purge items from.

looks similar to mine :) just not as chaotic :p
outlook1.gif

the good thing about imap is, you can't loose your emails if anything happens to your pc, but in outlook 07 they finally added the feature to leave a copy on server (just one click in the adding setup of the email accounts) so you can use it similar to the imap system, but i prefer not to mess with stuff like this local and recommend using imap.

if that didnt help, please post a screen of your account settings tab. thanks

Back