Which wheels for my impala?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not much to help you with here, but I think choices 1, 5, and 6 are better than the other three. Maybe that will help you narrow the field.

u need to get some rims that keep on spinnin when u stop!! then u be big PIMPIN

bryan

no, i mean the ones that still spin when the rim actually stops. alot of your "big tymers" roll with. lol

bryan

Racin...6 and 7 are the exact same rim, and I believe there is little to no difference between 4 and 8.

6 and 7 are the same arent they lol and 4 and 8 are different... they r different companies.. and little different design.. i like the 3 spoke spinner thing..

I have a system already lol .... I didnt put it in yet tho.. pioneer reciever, pioneer speakers and 2 16" subwoofers for the trunk... and a 800 watt amp hehehe its gonna be loud

It'll vibrate like there's no tomorrow though. What's the RMS ratings?

hey what year is it?
and my friend has "6" Cragar Keystone Klassic Wheels, his car is white and i look bad ass, he has the 15'' x 10'' in the back and 14 x 7'' or 14 x 6'' in the front. TT II's are nice! (if you got the money!!!)

The spinner thing with the 3 spokes is actually called a knock-off. It doesn't spin. Race Cars used to have them to take off wheels fast during pits. I like how they look still.

Can't go wrong with Keystone classics, that was my first set of rims for my Pearl White 1970 Firebird.

I'm not sure what the RMS rating is... 2 channel, 800 watts, 300 x 2 watts max.

A buddy of mine works at a circuit city and he got me all this...

I was leaning twards the Street pro 390 series, the keystone klassic and the torque thrust's.

Originally posted by RaCinJason399
I'm not sure what the RMS rating is... 2 channel, 800 watts, 300 x 2 watts max.

A buddy of mine works at a circuit city and he got me all this...

I was leaning twards the Street pro 390 series, the keystone klassic and the torque thrust's.

My amps rated at 500rms but tested at 672 while my 2 12" are each rated at 350rms. So it's about the right combination. I got insurance on my system and already had to replace the amp and subs once. Currently i'm running a rockford fosgate amp with 2 12" Phoenix Golds. I hit 137db with them when they were brand new. But I think it's gone down a bit.

If I do blow my system then i'm gonna probably get the 12" rockford fosgate fast and furious ones. Yeah the name is ricey but they're rated at 400rms. Then I would never blow the subs.

Oh yeah, i've got a 03 corolla and with my subs and vibrate the poop outta everything. You can hear it vibrate and visually see it vibrate.

That sounds sweet! how much money u got into it? just the system?

Originally posted by kwong2001
vibrate the poop outta everything. You can hear it vibrate and visually see it vibrate.
Is that like relaxing to feel your car vibrate??? I've never understood this.

Well I think i've got about 800 in my system.

EP, I don't exactly like the vibration, but i've learned to live with it. When it's turned up on full, you can really hear the vibration super good unless you have a system. But i've learned to live with it after I went to the sound competition. When I did my run, people were like, daaaammmmnnnn. Even though I wasn't hitting high numbers.

BTW, I did get the top of my trunk lid dynamatted which helps a lot. Oh yeah, and the new subs are much more powereful than the old ones. I can vibrate the poop outta my spare tire well.

Back