which truggy?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmdmjimmy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi i am new to truggies and i want one really bad. I own a revo 3.3 with jl .26 red dot, and i know that these are two different classes, but i want to get into truggies, i always break something on my revo when I'm out, wheather it be backyard fun or a little light bashing , nothing serious. Any how i am really debating if i should get the losi 2.0 rtr since it has everything to get me going or if i should get a race kit and spend a ton more , but there is the problem i don't know what motor is good and what servos etc.. if you guys have any other suggestions i would appreciate it. thank you and hope to hear from you all .

it depends on what your going to do racing or bashing? both of the losi truggys rtr or roller are good for racing and if you got the roller i would use 9kg servos of your choice and a engine in the size range of .21 to .23 unless your bashing go crazy with engine size

Hi i am new to truggies and i want one really bad. I own a revo 3.3 with jl .26 red dot, and i know that these are two different classes, but i want to get into truggies, i always break something on my revo when I'm out, wheather it be backyard fun or a little light bashing , nothing serious. Any how i am really debating if i should get the losi 2.0 rtr since it has everything to get me going or if i should get a race kit and spend a ton more , but there is the problem i don't know what motor is good and what servos etc.. if you guys have any other suggestions i would appreciate it. thank you and hope to hear from you all .

Sorry this is off topic but how hard was it to get the red dot in the jato?

I'm partial to the Hot Bodies D8T myself....but any of the name brand Truggies will do you right. Find out what your Local Hobby Shop carries for parts...and use that to your advantage.

It wasn't hard at all, just bought a new era mount and dropped right in, and it is a revo 3.3. Pretty much close set up to jato, I'm running the dynamite side pipe, looks mean though

---------- Post added at 8:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:52 PM ----------

Thx truggy 8 & motofod for the input, I'm mainly going to use it for personal fun and enjoyment, I don't know of any tracks out here in so-cal, but if I would I probably practice on a track just for fun , looks like a lot of Fun, leaning towards the losi 8t 2.0 rtr.

SoCal is littered with tracks! Just look around. ;-)

Sorry this is off topic but how hard was it to get the red dot in the jato?

It was a Revo, not a Jato, but that would be a good trick.. lol

I personally run all Associated gear, so the RC8TCE is my truggy, and I love it, but in all honesty the best one doing the rounds at the moment is the Mugen MBX6T.
Then you need to consider that because you have a Revo you'll need a starter box to go with your truggy unless you are planning on a pullstart, and if you need a package that is completely RTR and a very GOOD RTR then the Losi 2.0 RTR truggy package is fantastic value for money.

If you are not completely stuck on 1/8th scale, the Losi Ten T is about as great a 4x4 Truggy as you can get. Mine is fantastic and has yet to break after 3+ gallons of fuel. It is a complete RTR package with the Remote Onboard Starting System or R.O.S.S. Just charge the included Lipo receiver pack and install it, put batteries in the transmitter, fill the fuel tank, press the starter button on the transmitter and hear the engine come to life. The radio has full telemetry too that includes battery status, engine temp and MPH/RPM. This is an incredible truggy. Best nitro car I have ever owned. It is a bit pricey at $500.00 but worth every penny.

I feel Mugen has great durability, at least the MBX5T is. The Losi 2.0 is a handling machine.