which is the best(peroid) Motor/ESC for RTR

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sono

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
which is best(fastest) rtr motor......:first_place:

traxxas slash: 550 12t titan motor, xl-5 esc
hpi blitz: 540 15t firebolt motor, sc-15 esc
ae sc10: 540 reedy 17t motor, xp sc200 esc
venom scx: 550 27t motor, esc?
losi strike: 550 12t motor, esc?
kyosho ultima sc: 540 20t g20 motor, ka15l esc

which is the best(peroid) ESC......:first_place:

traxxas slash: xl-5 esc
hpi blitz: sc-15 esc
ae sc10: xp sc200 esc
venom scx: esc?
losi strike: esc?
kyosho ultima sc: ka15l esc

For a stock setup I like the Slash motor and ESC since both are waterproof. I've never tried a Losi Strike, but have heard the motors are a lil snappy.

IMHO i would say the sc10 motor with the losi or traxxas esc.
Although the motor runs a lil warm 220+ so you might go through em a lil faster then the others, but I'm sure you would enjoy the performance.

As far as the esc goes i think the losi one is the most performance oriented of the bunch "lipo cut off" muliple setting ect but the traxxas one is waterproof.

Thanks

Eric From Vegas

The lower turns on the vxl motor and the programmability of the mamba esc is a killer combo IMO...It was my favorite set up to date, fast as heck and no heat issues in a Stampede. I think Alpinehyperllite ran that in his slash also and he liked it.

my guess would be the losi setup because the esc has lipo cutoff.

back when i baught my rtr sc10 it didnt come with a esc with lipo cut off.

ok so after careful going over view of all esc/and /motors which i have owned all of them.....the only untested is the new sc10 2.4 brushed 17t reddy...it has ball bearing in it...so they say....got one ebay 20 shipped...keep you updated.....so by far the winner...
slash.....water break in ...with the right gearing ....esc/motor.....fast....fast.....fastest..

Back