Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that slows it down a tiny bit, but mold still grows fairly well at fridge temp.
Freezing is what really halts their growth.
Probably the longest I have ever had any bread item besides tortillas is a month in the fridge.

Probably the longest I have ever had any bread item besides tortillas is a month in the fridge.
Commercial tortillas are the worst, in regards to preservatives!
My favorite bread growing up was Wonder white bread, but that stuff is more chemicals than food.

Commercial tortillas are the worst, in regards to preservatives!
My favorite bread growing up was Wonder white bread, but that stuff is more chemicals than food.
Not too concerned about it to be honest. I don't eat enough bread for it to even matter. I just looked up the preservatives in the tortillas I buy. Nothing I'd be too concerned with unless I were eating them every meal every day.

We grew up eating Wonder bread too. We went to a Wonder bread outlet store all the time back in the day. They always had a lot more stuff than the stores sold.

Not too concerned about it to be honest. I don't eat enough bread for it to even matter. I just looked up the preservatives in the tortillas I buy. Nothing I'd be too concerned with unless I were eating them every meal every day.

We grew up eating Wonder bread too. We went to a Wonder bread outlet store all the time back in the day. They always had a lot more stuff than the stores sold.
Not calling you out or anything, I'm no nutrional health nut. Just an FYI.
Real, traditional tortilla consists of only about 3 to 4 ingredients. Below is the ingredients from Mission brand.
Screenshot_20240512_084057.jpg

Not calling you out or anything, I'm no nutrional health nut. Just an FYI.
Real, traditional tortilla consists of only about 3 to 4 ingredients. Below is the ingredients from Mission brand.
View attachment 189795
A lot of those are vitamins and other supposedly helpful minerals, and you are just seeing the scientific name. Flour has most of those in it. Like thiamine mononitrate is vitamin B1. The only two preservatives - calcium propionate and sorbic acid are fairly tame. The first one actually adds calcium. The second one is only bad for you if you consume a lot of it. At least that's what I gathered from doing some googling.

To be fair, I've been eating the store bought tortillas my whole life. At my age, not gonna start worrying now about having a few store bought tortillas a month, especially since I have consumed a lot of them in the past. In the last two years, I have maybe bought 6 packages of them?

A couple of glazed donut holes and 2 chocolate chip m&m cookies

My lazy weekend breakfast.

Blowing up the bridge today to get the ship out of the channel. Watching from home. We are about 5 miles away so, i think we aren't gonna hear anything. But supposedly its gonna sound like fireworks.

Blowing up the bridge today to get the ship out of the channel. Watching from home. We are about 5 miles away so, i think we aren't gonna hear anything. But supposedly its gonna sound like fireworks.
You'll hear it.

Back