Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Momma had a propane grill from them that lasted over 10 years outside uncovered and used hard. Very good kitchen aide.
We use our propane grill year round, up here in ski country. It resides on the deck and never gets covered either.
I always get a cheapo, less than $200, and it would typically last 3-5 years.

Appreciate the compliments guys. If I can do this, so can anyone else. This is only my second time doing pork butts, wife made the rub from scratch.

It's literally light the smoker, fill the water pan (water, one beer, one whole sweet vidalia onion, and about 6 galrlic cloves), fill the chip tray, put the butts and temp spikes in, then put your chip tray in and let it ride.

My thermometer is bluetooth and I have an app on the phone and watch that will alert me when it reaches the desired internal temp, 205 degrees for butts. I put them on Saturday evening around 6:30PM, and pulled them Sunday at 11AM. No muss, no fuss. I did check temps a few times overnight just to be safe. Don't want to ruin that much money in meat. LOL

I plan on trying it at other places. They didn't have the Horchata. I found a couple of highly rated places in Springfield that have it. I want to try the chocolate one.
Sure! Just because one restaurant didn't meet your expectations doesn't mean you need to give up so easily. Was, and is, the same for me as well. Some Mexican restaurants make a great Flan while others leave a lot to be desired. As for the Horchata. I believe you are talking about the ChocoFlan when you mentioned "the chocolate one". There is no Chocolate Horchata just plain rice water and cinnamon mixture. Now, let me also include, if you think the Flan as sweet Horchata is, or can be, pretty sweet indeed. As I mentioned my best friend and his wife will not drink it because it's too sweet. Maybe it's an acquired taste, but for me, I acquired it and I love it 🤣. There were days I just could NOT get enough {Horchata that is). However, that's me and my taste buds.
Sometimes if you ask for a Horchata they will make you one, even if it's not on their menu. Never had a chocolate one. Sounds yummy.
As I mentioned to Lucifur10 there isn't a chocolate Horchata. It's just a simple rice water and cinnamon mixture.

Little history. I know High School has been over for a long time, but...
Did you know that Chocolate originated in Mexico? Cocoa plants are native to South and Central America. The drink was developed for religious ceremonies by the Mayan and Aztec cultures. Of course, it didn't taste like the chocolate we consume today. From there chocolate migrated to Europe and was drunk by Romans for the well to do individuals. How the Swiss got ahold of it and made an entire world empire out of it I'm not aware. So, we can thank Juan, and his family, for brining Chocolate to the world as we know it.

Haven’t yet heard anyone mention Corn Bread.

I bring this up since I’m sure you guys/gals love Corn Bread and if you haven’t had any in a while you better get some as soon as possible.

Several years ago, I used to grow my own sweet corn. Would order special sweet corn seed. A lot of it I would grill then remove it from the cobb and put away in freezer containers (did 17 dozen one summer). It was great, I would be eating grilled corn in February when there would be a blizzard outside. At the end of the season, I would leave a fair number of ears on the stock to let dry on the stock. After some time, I would harvest the dried ears and put them covered downstairs to dry even more. After drying I removed the kernels of corn and placed them in containers. When I wanted, I could grind the Kernels into granular consistency to use in making Corn Bread. The best Corn Bread you’ll ever eat is from sweet corn you’ve grown yourself from personal ordered Super Sweet Sweet Corn. It was like having Corn Bread Cake. I don’t grow my own sweet corn anymore but sure wish I could. I have a recipe that includes whole canned corn kernels in the ingredients which makes it even better. If you’re like me Corn Bread has been a staple and dotted throughout your life. Better get some as soon as possible.

Green Beans next to the corn.
cornbread03.jpg

cornbread01.jpg

There is absolutely chocolate horchata.

https://www.lacocinadeleslie.com/2016/05/mexican-chocolate-horchata.html

And flan is terrible, I don't care who makes it.
Guess you can put just about anything in Horchata. I've never had chocolate Horchata before, just the traditional kind. That's up to the individual. And to each his own. Flan is wonderful. And, again, to each his own. If you're not a custard person I can see you not liking it. For me, loooooooooove it!!!!

Last edited:
Haven’t yet heard anyone mention Corn Bread.

I bring this up since I’m sure you guys/gals love Corn Bread and if you haven’t had any in a while you better get some as soon as possible.

Several years ago, I used to grow my own sweet corn. Would order special sweet corn seed. A lot of it I would grill then remove it from the cobb and put away in freezer containers (did 17 dozen one summer). It was great, I would be eating grilled corn in February when there would be a blizzard outside. At the end of the season, I would leave a fair number of ears on the stock to let dry on the stock. After some time, I would harvest the dried ears and put them covered downstairs to dry even more. After drying I removed the kernels of corn and placed them in containers. When I wanted, I could grind the Kernels into granular consistency to use in making Corn Bread. The best Corn Bread you’ll ever eat is from sweet corn you’ve grown yourself from personal ordered Super Sweet Sweet Corn. It was like having Corn Bread Cake. I don’t grow my own sweet corn anymore but sure wish I could. I have a recipe that includes whole canned corn kernels in the ingredients which makes it even better. If you’re like me Corn Bread has been a staple and dotted throughout your life. Better get some as soon as possible.

Green Beans next to the corn.
View attachment 187038
View attachment 187039

Guess you can put just about anything in Horchata. I've never had chocolate Horchata before, just the traditional kind. That's up to the individual. And to each his own. Flan is wonderful. And, again, to each his own. If you're not a custard person I can see you not liking it. For me, loooooooooove it!!!!
I used to get fresh cornbread with raisins from the bread shop.

Any sunflower seed lovers? I love them and make a blend of inhale seeds, but my wife made me cut them because of the level of sodium, only thing is I need something to snack on and I really want seeds, I found one with a very low sodium called “Chinook” I’ve just never had them before and the only way to get them is like a 12pk, and I don’t want to order 12 and then not like them, so I was wondering if anyone’s ever tried them?
JR

Back