Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few years ago we lost power for a week, actually the whole state did, well that meant something easy, filling, and cheap meals cause it had to fill two adults and two kids! Luckily I had camping gear and used the propane stove, two meals we invented and gave names to, “spac” and “speggs” the one spac = spam and Mac n cheez, and the other speggs = spam and eggs, both cut the spam into very small cubes and then dumped into a large bowl with 3 boxes of Mac n cheez or a whole dozen of eggs, quick, easy, filling and very cheap! Yet one other meal we came up with we didn’t give a name but simple and VERY FILLING, Mac n cheez and a can of chili, of course back then it was like two boxes of Mac and just a can of chili, well, tonight I made a chili/Mac simple and very filling! I can’t finish it so it will go in the fridge and be lunch come tomorrow or the next day, the funny thing about that week, the night before we lost power our water heater quit, so I had to replace it the next day, the water finally got warm by the end of the day so we all just turned in to find out the next morning we didn’t have power, like how nice a new water heater and we still don’t have hot water, go fig!
JR

IMG_3575.jpeg

A few years ago we lost power for a week, actually the whole state did, well that meant something easy, filling, and cheap meals cause it had to fill two adults and two kids! Luckily I had camping gear and used the propane stove, two meals we invented and gave names to, “spac” and “speggs” the one spac = spam and Mac n cheez, and the other speggs = spam and eggs, both cut the spam into very small cubes and then dumped into a large bowl with 3 boxes of Mac n cheez or a whole dozen of eggs, quick, easy, filling and very cheap! Yet one other meal we came up with we didn’t give a name but simple and VERY FILLING, Mac n cheez and a can of chili, of course back then it was like two boxes of Mac and just a can of chili, well, tonight I made a chili/Mac simple and very filling! I can’t finish it so it will go in the fridge and be lunch come tomorrow or the next day, the funny thing about that week, the night before we lost power our water heater quit, so I had to replace it the next day, the water finally got warm by the end of the day so we all just turned in to find out the next morning we didn’t have power, like how nice a new water heater and we still don’t have hot water, go fig!
JR

View attachment 185309
I'll have to try that chili mac. Sounds yummy.

One of my all time favorite dishes is: spread cream cheese over the bottom of a 9" pie pan, spread a can of chili (no beans, ya goober) on top of that, then add shredded cheddar on top of that, with diced jalapeno to your liking. Bake it in the oven until the cheddar cheese melts, and pair it with you favorite corn chips and a good beer!

I'll have to try that chili mac. Sounds yummy.
It’s not the best tasting with both the cheapest Mac and chili, but like I said, it’s HEAVY and very FILLING!
JR

One of my all time favorite dishes is: spread cream cheese over the bottom of a 9" pie pan, spread a can of chili (no beans, ya goober) on top of that, then add shredded cheddar on top of that, with diced jalapeno to your liking. Bake it in the oven until the cheddar cheese melts, and pair it with you favorite corn chips and a good beer!
I thought I posted an old pic of a nice meal, small pan, pour in a can of chili, sprinkle some shredded cheese over then pour a mixed box of cornbread over top and toss it in the oven, chili warms up, bread bakes, and makes a nice combo!
JR

JR

View attachment 185309
Sometimes the simplest of meals are the greatest. Might not be the healthiest but, you survived. Lol. When the boys and I would go camping chili mac was a standard. Easy to take along and neither required cooler space.

I keep a number of things on hand for those SHTF moments. A camp stove comes to the rescue.

Sometimes the simplest of meals are the greatest. Might not be the healthiest but, you survived. Lol. When the boys and I would go camping chili mac was a standard. Easy to take along and neither required cooler space.

I keep a number of things on hand for those SHTF moments. A camp stove comes to the rescue.
OH YEAH! We had no heat in late Oct, luckily we had a mini portable propane heater, we also were in a mobile home so we closed off only the bedroom and living room, kids hit the floor in sleeping bags come bedtime, the rest of the place had no heat, going to the bathroom you could see your breath, also packed shoebox size containers with snow and threw them in the fridge/freezer, come morning they would be melted and have to pack them again, amazingly doing so kept the food good! But yeah, camping gear, simple foods or even mre’s, and bottled water are a must keep stocked just in case!
JR

Stand back you non believers.

View attachment 184201
I love that garbage, I am a believer

I ordered lunch from across the street at Little Pecan. Tried their Southern style fried chicken sandwich. The pictures doesn't do it justice because the chicken was way bigger than the brioche, and all the different components made for a very tasty sandwich!
We have leftover ice cream from a dept party, so I made myself an affogato for dessert.
View attachment 184213
View attachment 184214
Looks rigoddangdelicious

Hot dogs on home made buns

Last edited:
OH YEAH! We had no heat in late Oct, luckily we had a mini portable propane heater, we also were in a mobile home so we closed off only the bedroom and living room, kids hit the floor in sleeping bags come bedtime, the rest of the place had no heat, going to the bathroom you could see your breath, also packed shoebox size containers with snow and threw them in the fridge/freezer, come morning they would be melted and have to pack them again, amazingly doing so kept the food good! But yeah, camping gear, simple foods or even mre’s, and bottled water are a must keep stocked just in case!
JR
I was in the service for a while, so I can eat pretty much anything. But I do like hot food with meat. Keeps up morale. 🤣

Back