What XRAY is this

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokedsalmonkid

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi all what model is this and how old is this car. its brand new and i have to make an offer any ideas what its worth

Picture074.jpg

its a very early T1. you can tell by the long arm layout, the newer cars mount the arms to the outside of the bulkheads. it also has pivot ball suspension which was only on the first of the T1's, the evo2's and the freedom of choice models. as for what its worth, that depends what you want to do with it. obviously the owner bashes it. as for racing, its just not competative. if its worth $50 to you offer him that, if its worth $100 then offer it. but dont pay more than YOU think its worth, older Xrays can be found fairly frequently on ebay.

thanks for the reply mate the guy who owns the car has just told me he's going to keep it now and come racing with me instead its brand new and apparently cost him £330 at the time I'm going to get a T2R now how would they compete at a club level.

Actually it is the Xray FK04. The previous owner just put knobby tires on it. You can tell it's the FK04 since it has the layout for saddle packs.

The T2R is basically the FK05, the model before the now available T2. It is still a good car, only problem is working around the bulkheads when changing toe and roll center. Not a bad car. Very competative. There's still lots of parts available. I run the T2.

i hate to call you on it diver, but the fk04 used c-hub suspension, had shorter arms that mounted outside of the bulkheads. and way different shock towers. this is definately a very early T1.

the T2R is identical to the regular T2 except is uses a fiberglass chassis instead of carbon fiber, plastic outdrives, and has CVD's instead of universals. there may be some other minor differences but the important stuff like the bulkheads and geometery are the same. its also upgradeable to full T2 status, even the new T2'007.

cheers for the feedback guys.

so i tired to get the T2R today no luck at all the diriubutr has run out and so have all the hobby shops i tried. now my options at the T2r prices if i am to get running by next weekend is to get a Cyclone, a TC4 or a if i dig a little deeper in my pockets a T2 at a reduced rate what would use guys suggest??

I hear the cyclone is an awsome outdoor road car....my only issue w getting it was parts availability...the TC4 has every part available for me locally but pretty much every other car needed to order parts if I needed something....keep that in mind when you make your decision....also the TC4 is probably the easiest car to get setup help w/.......I'm not super tech on mine like these guys are so I looked past the super high tech T2......I went simple low tech and it does pretty well.......until I melted my esc.....LOL.....corrado did you get my PM???

the cyclone also comes in a budget model now for around the same price as a T2R. it is however a tub chassis car instead of a double deck carbon fiber car. i would save a little longer and get a regular T2 at whatever discount you can if the T2R isnt available.

plaid, no i didnt. try again please.

dont like the sound of that tub chassis on the cyclone, T2 sounds like the best bet however please do correct me if I'm wrong but reading up on the Xray cars the T2R sounds like its a better car than the T2 how old is the T2? Does it still compete excsue my ignorance :help:

t2 and t2r are the same car with the t2r being the budget model and the lesser of the 2. yes its very competitive

Back