What were these people thinking???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitroaddict

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
A Local College here in Orlando that I have an advertising account with sent me this email:
Hi Anthony! I hope you are doing well!

Would you be able to be one of our distinguished panel of judges for our scholarship awards on Friday at 11:30AM? Lunch will be provided!

Let me know if you'd be available, we would be honored at your presence.

Please dress in a suit and tie, and be prepared to hear some great candidates.

Vanessa Valentin - Admissions Director

This is scary - putting childrens future's in my hands,lol.

I got the greatest job.

Originally posted by Nitroaddict
A Local College here in Orlando that I have an advertising account with sent me this email:

This is scary - putting children's future's in my hands,lol.

I got the greatest job.

YOur Distinguished...LOL Your the same Guy i was eating wings next too at the east coast bash right?? LOL

Last edited:
msly - thats me! scary, huh? lol. hope none of them are into RC cars and see this, lol. Its alright though, i clean up okay. :)

well, your right! what the hell were they thinking! I say you should go wearing nothing but a daiper,a pimp hat and some high heels! you know ! the ones you always wear when you bash, I dont think they would ask you again! on the other hand you would see some hotties and get a free lunch! you could only do half of that at hooters!

Man... i hope they are not going to ban you from the panel after... uhh.. nevermind.

I just couldn't resist but this was my last ban joke i promise :naughty:

Thomas

scummer - thats it - ur banned! lol

maniac - its gonna be great. "ok lil high school girl, sit on NA's lap and tell him why u want this scholorship so bad..."

NA, do you work for a school? What do you do for a living?

So, is this thing gonna be a dog and pony show, or what? With the declining scores on SATs and SOLs, what are the prime requisites for scoring a scholarship? I mean, don't get me wrong, but what in the world are you gonna be "judging"? Saddest puppy dog eyes look? Practical every day common sense coupled with a high GPA and low household income? Or will it all come down to the swimsuit contest or some other athelitic ability?

If you haven't guessed, this is a raw nerve with me. Whatever it is, be sure to fast for a couple of days and stuff all the prime rib you can at the lunch. And make some really big score flash cards like they do at the olympics. I would.

Originally posted by GilBeQuick
NA, do you work for a school? What do you do for a living?

see what is in his sig orlando weekly he works there i think he is an advertising executive

You can make an incredible professional impression over the phone alone. Just meet that impression in person and you've got an account for life.

Try not to favor the candidate with the biggest hooters.

LOL - u guys crack me up! gilbe - bmoc hit it right, i work for a local alternative newspaper here in orlando as an Ad Exec. This is an Art school, so its mostly gonna be based on artistic ability and drive.

I knew it. Take some popcorn, it's probably gonna be a freak show.

At the very least you should get a good laugh. Kids now days just kill me.

whitt - u kill me - ill post a thread later about how it went

what do you mean by "Alternative" newspaper????

well - I'm such an idiot - the event is tomorrow, not today. i will update everyone tomorrow on how it was.

indyjohnny - i work for the alternative press. IE - part of the AAN - the Association of Alternative Newsweeklys.

www.aan.org

basically - The Association of Alternative Newsweeklies (AAN) is the trade organization for the alternative newspaper business. AAN is a diverse group of 123 non-daily free-circulation papers that are distributed in all of the major metropolitan areas of North America. Each paper has a distinct, local identity that sets it apart from the mainstream press in its market.

Last edited:
LOL>. check your last post NA.. you gave me a link to ANN.org.. Arenian news network.. I was really lost for a second trying to tie your job to that..

wow.. We have Nuvo here in Indy.. Surprising to see the circulation is even larger up here in conservative Indiana.. :) I used to live between Orlando and Daytona. Is S. Orange Blossom Trail still wild.. I was only 18 when I moved there and was doing a courier route every night that went directly down S. O.B.T. Being from a small town in Indiana I dont have to tell you how wild it was to see prostitutes, drug dealers, and drag queens for the first time in my life.. Parliment House? I think that's what it was called on the trail..

the trail has cleaned up a lil bit - but still not a place u wanna break down on at night. ahh....the parliment house. yes its still here. One of the wildest gay clubs in the southeast. I had to interview with a radio personality there once.

LOL.. It was an amazing site to see..

Back