What upgrades have you done to your 1/24 axial scx24?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, I had enough, I ported my tires. 1/16" holes on the back side. Slimer is still sitting perfect as usual other than the only one pin holding the body on. no foams. I kinda want to belly drag it and that brings us back to a heat gun on the body hanging up. gonna play with it and see what happens. Also bent an axle but i got it 99% back. so, there's another something ill be looking forward to. frame sux. that'll be going away soon also

took slimer on the trail today, and it looked like deer have destroyed my course. even my log bridge. I had bushes cut down and out the way in a pile and something pulled it onto the the top of my rock pile. any explanation? aliens? fixed. I think its about time for some gates, going to run what I have. going to go out and get some lines marked for this weekend and if the camera works ill have some video of it. if. also joining a flight club on top of this. and the wife is doesn't know so shhhh.

took slimer on the trail today, and it looked like deer have destroyed my course. even my log bridge. I had bushes cut down and out the way in a pile and something pulled it onto the the top of my rock pile. any explanation? aliens? fixed. I think its about time for some gates, going to run what I have. going to go out and get some lines marked for this weekend and if the camera works ill have some video of it. if. also joining a flight club on top of this. and the wife is doesn't know so shhhh.
I'm thinking sasquatch.

I haven't used it yet, but last fall, I bought orange wiffle practice golf balls to be used as gate markers. I just cut them in half using a box cutter.

Fight club as in rc planes or did you mean fight club as in Ed Norton? 👊

I'm thinking sasquatch.

I haven't used it yet, but last fall, I bought orange wiffle practice golf balls to be used as gate markers. I just cut them in half using a box cutter.

Fight club as in rc planes or did you mean fight club as in Ed Norton? 👊
Flight club brotha lol. The club is called Cobra RC Club, in Council Bluffs Iowa. Check them out. Think they are on Facebook, I don't do Facebook. I'm too pretty to join a fight club😎

Flight club brotha lol. The club is called Cobra RC Club, in Council Bluffs Iowa. Check them out. Think they are on Facebook, I don't do Facebook. I'm too pretty to join a fight club😎
Not gonna lie, I'm rather disappointed that it's not a fight club.
Hey! We need to refresh you guys' memories about the rules of fight club! 🤬
I can talk about it, since I've already been kicked out...... that, and the fact that they said that I fight like a girl 🙄

Last edited:
@Iowa_dude I think you need to put up some game cameras, if you get good vid of bigfoot messing with your course you could make serious bank selling it to TMZ! but it was probably just aliens. :greyalien:👽:blackalien:🤣
....or possibly trolls
269196aff2ae031688ee38608b3bdb61--troll-dolls-best-toys.jpg

This is why I don't buy from Ebay. Came completely wrong and then they changed the description. I Ordered Hot Racing long travel shocks for scx24, and I get this. I will be deleting eBay as soon as this crap is cleared.
20220218_195554.jpg

Was talking about getting a wltoys144001 on another thread, but probobly going to get a Losi mini b. Will they fit? Might keep them... let me know.

This is why I don't buy from Ebay. Came completely wrong and then they changed the description. I Ordered Hot Racing long travel shocks for scx24, and I get this. I will be deleting eBay as soon as this crap is cleared.
View attachment 142177
Sorry about the mix up with your order. If you haven't already, take a look around Here
I bought a lot of stuff from them and shipping was pretty quick.

Alright, I promised pictures of Slimers upgrade on anther thread, I'm going to keep everything here. I've had this kit for some time and finally worked on this all day. Fun little project, I almost wanted to put the model together instead of it being a body sacrifice. It's a 1956 Ford f100, particularly a Chip Foose model. There is still a lot to do, this is what the day ended up looking like. The metal flake has a golden color in the sun light, absolutely fenominal. I used Tamia spray can. I will get it finished tomorrow maybe, then will be the task of how to mount it on the scx24 chassis.
20220326_220222.jpg

Last edited:
I think those long HR shocks are made for their aluminum chassis so they can be mounted on an angle. Is there something preventing the body from going lower?

I think those long HR shocks are made for their aluminum chassis so they can be mounted on an angle. Is there something preventing the body from going lower?
I asked that question a while back how people were mounting them. But if I move the location the frame connector that also holds the front clips sits on top of the servo.

Back