What kind of Truggy Motor Do U Have?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will, that engine is stupid fast right out of the box. It's way too much engine for most tracks, gear up a tooth on the CB. Put the smallest carb restrictor in it and dial out the throttle EPA some. Hope you have plenty of tires! LOL

I run the modded Extech .24 with the standard Extech 2057 pipe in my RC8T CE and I love that motor more than any I've ever run.
I wont stand here and say Scrogg is wrong because he could be spot on. I've only run about 15 litres through mine, (3 and 3/4 gallons approx) and will say the power is extreme. Bottom end is comparabble to my 1515 1Y Neu and easily runs 16T bell on AE Truggy spur (54T) with a 4.30 final drive.
What can I say, it hammers. And thats with between 8 and 12 minutes runtime depending on our weather.
But it does seem people are shying away from carrying parts for them, and even more worrying is that the Trinity Extech doesn't even seem to be on the Trinity site.
I also have the Hara Worlds OS and the JX Ninja for the smaller tracks, of those two the Ninja is the one to have for sure.

brushlessboy, what temp did you run with your extech?

I have upgraded my LRP z.28r to the ZR.30 x by LRP and jesus if I stuck wings on the truggy it WOULD take off!! LOL The little blighter drinks like its goin outta fashion but it's worth it to see the thing go!!!!

Last edited:
well after about five differnt truggys I have settled on a new mbx5t with a new rbc6 stock not modded and love it....

Two thumbs up to that the rbc6 is a power house I had 1 in my mbx5..Lot-o-power

i HAVE HAD AROUND 7 different RB mills and i loved every one of them..Gallons opon gallons and never had any problems

Last edited:
i am running a .21 engine from go on my exceed madwarrior and on my sportwerks turmoil an axial .28rr engine

brushlessboy, what temp did you run with your extech?

Sorry mate. Hope this isn't too late 6 months on, lol.
I really dont run race motors to temperature but I have checked it on occasion.
I have had it come in at 250 F after a 45 minute main running a P3 plug.
Although these plugs aren't really recommended they are very reliable and give you a broader tune range for the mains.
I am just now in the process of a bearing change, and the bore, sleeve and conrod are still fine.

Werks B5 Pro .21 with a 2057 Pipe. Cannot comment about it yet, just installed it and will break it in as soon as I have time.