what kind of engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick-Diaz

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey guys I need some help I have an Orion engine on my x1 crt pro jammin
I was wondering what type n kind of engine is this since it only says orion on it
Some ppl. Tell me its a wasp and they are hard to tune . Can anyone think of what is it .26 or have ideas ? The head is Chrome n Orion is in whit no othe marking to indicate other spec. :\

The pick is perfect same everything . Are those engines fast n good for a truggy

I've never owned the Orion engine, but I'm 99.9% sure that this is the same engine as the purple cooling head Ofna/Picco "Outlaw" 26.
The engine case and carb look the same as well as (except for the color) the cooling head too.

They are good solid engines which I use to this day - and keep parts on hand to keep them running.

Should you want to rebuild it (and if I'm correct that the Orion 26 and Outlaw are the same), it'll use the same piston/cylinder as the Picco.26 Max Revo
(Ofna part number 51442), so there's real good availability for that part.
Note - It uses a different crankshaft than the Picco.26 Max Revo.

Other parts:
51325 OWB
51441 Connecting Rod
51447 Crankshaft - Pullstart

yes ..if its the same one as in the link . its basically the same as a picco ....i have one i got used from a guy here on the forum ...and it works great ..starts easy and easy to tune ..i have it in my revo and i have a hard time keeping the front wheels on the ground ;)

Mkay so first think on google was this https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6419

Also reading around in other places say they are awesome bottom end engines but lack on top end but gearing can help that out.

On their site it seems like they dont make that engine anymore... seems like the largest they make now days are .24 . i can't find too much more info on it but hopefully it helped alittle.

The Picco Outlaw / Orion Wasp 26 engine in stock form does lack some of the RPM's that you'll find in several other engines, but it's a good solid engine and mine hold a good tune. Unless you are used to RB, Novarossi, or LRP engines (to name several), you won't be missing any RPM's.

Also - When comparing this engine to others, don't believe all manufacturers quoted specs.

This engine has basically been around for the better part of a decade and they (Picco) are still producing a shorter crankshaft variant in the .26 Max Revo. So it's got some legs...

Back