What is the best fuel for my traxxas jato 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i run sydwynder in my t-maxx 3.3 and no problems everyone i know runs it also ......race blend 20%/12% oil-Gal

This is an interesting post. The guy I purchased my truck from really liked the Byrons. He used if for break in on the new Picco .26 thats on it and ran one tank before I bought it.I went to my local hobby store and the mechanic there said he has had nothing but issues with Byrons. So much so, that after they sell what they have, that they will no longer stock it. He recommended the Sidewinder fuel and said that in his personal expericnce, he has had excellent luck with it, as have all of his customers. Its kinda funny how there can be som many varying opinions. I went with the Sidewinder on his advice, that way I can go yell at him in person if I have problems. :D

Doug - Yes, I highly recommend running Traxxas Top Fuel in Traxxas engines. They just run better with their brand fuel. They stay cooler without the loss in power due to needing to be tuned richer, they idle more stable, blah blah blah. I had tried to run Odonnel and Byrons in a 3.3 and liked neither of them (both fuel are good, I prefer Odonnel though), but TRX fuel just makes TRX engines run better overall. As Alpine has already stated, those engines are designed to run that fuel. There is a big difference between Top Fuel and other brands of fuel of the same nitro content as far as cooling ability. They don't spend big bucks on R&D for nothing.

I know most people don't like Top Fuel in other engines but I broke in an RB mill last year with TRX 20% and it was a gravy break-in. I plan on breaking in my RB .28 with it too as well as my RB .12 with TRX 10%. I don't see why people don't like it. Maybe the other brands provide more power but I can't imagine the power difference is going to make up for lack of driving skills on the racetrack. On the other hand, if your just bashing... why be that concerned over a little bit of extra power? As a basher I just want to know that my engine is getting enough lubrication.

I agree with this post 100%. I'd rather miss a little power and get the extra life out of my motor! Well said Lessen!

Chris

can i change brand of fuel. I know i have to stay with the same %. but wanted to make sure i could run different brands with out ant problems. new to this stuff, thanks

can i change brand of fuel. I know i have to stay with the same %. but wanted to make sure i could run different brands with out ant problems. new to this stuff, thanks

You can change %PV and brands. you'll just have to re-tune your engines.

Personally i LOVE Bryon's http://goo.gl/OyMT .... amazing fuel.... i've used Bryon's, Monster Power, Hobby Town's house brand, and O'Donnell's and i love Bryon's... tons of power and keeps things cooler than the rest.

Thread moved from the Introduction Forum.

Great thread.

A question for the experienced. The local hobby shop I bought my Revo 3.3 broke the engine in using O'Donnell's 30%. They claim that fuel is better than the Traxxas. After reading the information here, it seems I should switch to Traxxas. From what I've read, many state that you should stick with the fuel the motor was broke in using. Am I able to switch to the Traxxas fuel and retune without any complications? Also, what % should I switch over to?

Great thread.

A question for the experienced. The local hobby shop I bought my Revo 3.3 broke the engine in using O'Donnell's 30%. They claim that fuel is better than the Traxxas. After reading the information here, it seems I should switch to Traxxas. From what I've read, many state that you should stick with the fuel the motor was broke in using. Am I able to switch to the Traxxas fuel and retune without any complications? Also, what % should I switch over to?

I find it odd that they broke in your engine with 30%, as everything I've heard is to use 16% or 20%.

On topic, I use O'Donnels 20%, because that's what my lhs carries.

They provided the option of them breaking the engine in for $30. Being new to the hobby, I let them provide the fuel and that is the information I received from them.

I noticed that no one has mentioned Blue Thunder. Why is that?

:Washington_National:redbuggy:

I noticed that no one has mentioned Blue Thunder. Why is that?

:Washington_National:redbuggy:

Because Blue Thunder is a movie

blue_thunder_01.jpg

The first hobby shop that i bought my stuff from didn't like Blue Thunder because the dye in the fuel would turn everything blue that is comes in contact with.

man o man i must be getting older than i thought. sure am glad no one made fun of me.

If you have been using top fuel I would stick with it. I switched to byrons and I'm a nitro newbie. No one told me to fatten it out and I overheated big time. So if you switch richen it up and retune from there.

Back