What do you folks think about the ball-and-socket suspension on Kyosho Inferno TR-15?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nebuladds

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm not interested in purchasing the car, but I'm wondering why they decided to use this setup rather than the hinge/pin that you find on virtually every other car in existence.

It would seem that the ball-and-socket setup is quite flimsy, and wouldn't be able to take the same beating that the hinge/pin setup could.

Anyone agree or disagree?

Are you talking about the pivot ball suspension? If so, there's more buggies out there than you think with that configuration such as the 9.5 MBX, Hyper 7 PBS, Ultra MBX Pro/R2/R2+, some Mugen MBXs and they hold up quite good on big jumps infact they're supposed to be less strain on the differentials on hard landings than most of the other suspension systems. My MBX has front and rear PBS and it works great.

Don't forget the T-Maxx and many other monster trucks uses the ball & socket too and they're made for taking a beating. :)

Not a very interesting looking car but I wonder how an XTM .18 fits on it and how it'll hold up to its under 4 lbs on four wheels, would be fun in my backyard. :)

well... if you don't remember, this is the 8th scale buggy talk forum. That's a 10th scale buggy. :n00bie:

What a jerk!

Just the fact that you'd take the time to post such a response shows what an absolute prick you are. It would have taken you almost as little time to simply answer my question. Moreover, you obviously never considered the fact that I might not have known that it was a 1/8 scale car.

Here's a little hint for you: stop running your car indoors. Obviously, the exhaust fumes are destroying your brain cells.

Just the fact that you'd take the time to post such a response shows what an absolute prick you are

Maybe this goes vice-versa. You're the one that made the mistake not me.

Also... i wanted to correct you because you had posted like 5 different posts about the Ofna MBX or GTLX all asking general questions that could've been answered in one post. That crap is VERY annoying. I wasn't being rude to an extent pushing me being a "prick". I can't use tone of voice in the forum, but if i was yelling or sounding perturbed i would have used CAPS. Damn... sometimes people just need to remove the stick up their ass.

L8r,
Garrett

Moreover, you obviously never considered the fact that I might not have known that it was a 1/8 scale car.

Dude.... smokin crack? That's the whole reason why i made the post in the first place! Also on that second link that you posted, above the title the words written are, "Product Review: 1/10th scale .15 powered buggy"

L8r,
Garrett

Last edited:
Back