What do you drive?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
21mpg? Nice for a truck..
my Renault Laguna 1.8 stationwagon does about 30mpg average, only think is the gas prices(the Netherlands..) are €1.75 a LITER... That's $1.93 a liter.

is not my car.. Same model.
378155_2031p4i6F5F88pe6.jpg
Holy Crap $1.75 a litre! And here in Canada I get mad when it goes over a $1.00, WellI I guess I don't have it that bad then.
A drive a 2008 Honda Civic, within the next year I'll be buying some kind of SUV. Need something to pull a boat which hopefully will also be bought in the next year as well.

€1.75 is in Euro's . So that is 2.517185 canadian.. ;(

And my wife drives about 650 kilometers per 8 or 9 days. Filling it up is around €90 every 8 or 9 days.

In combined city and highway, I regularly get 16.5 mpg and on the road I've gotten up to 19 mpg though 17.5 to 18 mpg is the norm.

How in the world of blue lights legal? I thought blue and red lights where only for use by emergency vehicles? I've seen several around here with blue lights, folights and other marker lights - all blue and a couple others all red.

But I digress. I'm hoping next year I'll be able to buy a newer crew cab truck. The extended cab is starting to be a little small for the whole family.
Its actually not enforced in Utah like other states. Utah law prohibits any color minus white or OEM color lights in the center of your vehicle as well as dark tinted lenses or colored lenses such as the yellow pictured. I lived the stupid time of the spray on smoke super dark, yeah bad idea... Pulled over and spent a full day sanding my lenses back to OEM thats why I work with Vinyl now for the simplistic fix lol

Actually GM made an 8100 Vortec (8.1L) for the HD Gassers my 2009 was offered with a 6.2 although the 5.3 in mine had more than eough power to get me in trouble in a hurry...
Those are an HID or simulated HID light, @WoodiE. And having had a regular cab, extended cab and crew-cab, I really prefer the crew-cab. I can take my sister's brood for short trips with me...
Oh man I bet the 8.1L is a MONSTER jeez! Okay let me stand correct here, for my gen Silverado it was the biggest gasster engine they put out. hehe and they are true bi-xenon 12,000k HID lights

The 5.3's like in yours Hamz run really well. Not the torque of the 6.0 or the 8.1 but they run better I think and can get pretty good mileage. My parents old 5.3 had gotten 21mpg on the freeway (hand calculated) and their current 6.0 never does better than 12. My old 7.3 still does 17 or 18.
Its mind blowing Lloyd for the mpg my 6.0 gets and it being a 4dr, the HD with the upgraded HD axles I get about 430-460 highway and just a hair under 275 city I love it. Even makes fools out of most people that like racing in a car or truck that is a gasser or natural aspirated haha I wuv it!

Back