what did you do for the long weekend?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beason

Bash, Fix, Repeat..
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I loaded up 3/4 of the family and headed out to lake somerville. We had a good time, but the wind was so bad, we couldnt really enjoy the lake that much as it was VERY choppy. We loaded up tons of stuff in the boat and met a few friends of mine out on the island for a cookout and just to chill n grill. :D

2011-05-27145810.jpg

2011-05-27145726.jpg

DSC01373.jpg

Friday night: dirt track racing
Saturday: Worked on my Dad's POS truck until 3:00, then dirt track racing
Sunday: Finished working on my Dad's POS truck, then dirt track racing
Monday: Worked on my website, grilled top sirloin steaks.

Nice boat.
Saturday planted the garden with the family.
Sunday worked from 730-630
Monday worked from 8-4 then grilled out with the family

Nothing spectacular. Wife worked Sat. and Mon. so those are just like any other day for me and the kids. We tried to take the kids to see the hot air balloons land on Sun. but it was cancelled due to expected weather... tried to go to the park until... the expected weather came. All in all it was another poopy holiday weekend in which we get very little family time.

did you lower the back yet Blake or is it from the weight of the boat? Looks great like that.

It rained and was really cold most of the weekend. I played lots of Black ops, did a little 1:1 crawling and worked on my rc crawler a bit.
Also watched Iron man 1 and 2 and Shooter.

We did have a picnic on Sunday before the storm hit but really that's about all we did. The wife was kinda down about all the bad luck. That's two years in a row we've missed the hot air balloons. grrrr.

To ride in them or watch them Josh?

I can't remember ever having a memorial day weekend that was good weather. Always really windy and rainy especially on memorial day, which puts a damper on putting flowers at the cemetery.

a little of both Lloyd. I installed the rear shackles, which got it pretty close to level. Plus they are stronger then stock, which is more reassuring when dragging the boat around.

In this pic the bed is completely full of everything from an easy up, and folding chairs, to a portable pit, food, 2 tubes, a knee board, clothes, and everything else you need to bbq on an island. plus the boat has a couple hundred pound tongue weight.

---------- Post added at 9:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:09 PM ----------

they have the hot air balloons here as well, but i never know they are in town, just look outside and see all these balloons floating by.

I've never seen one I dont think.

Friday: work 9am-7pm, went and made first LEGAL alcohol purchase (case of Point Special), went and partied it up
Saturday: work 9-6, went out and had a beer
Sunday: work 9-6
Monday: work 9-5, went home and had a beer

Congrats on the legal alcohol purchase!

And yeah, a hot air baloon.

friday: slept
friday night: buddy's wedding
saturday: slept
Saturday night: gave GF her bday "present"
Sunday: Slept
Sunday Night: tv
Monday: Slept
Monday Night: Worked, had a nice dope bust

Saturday = Worked
Sunday = Church and helped family friends move
Monday = Help tear off damaged garage/office and make house livable for fellow church member/friend.

friday: slept
friday night: buddy's wedding
saturday: slept
Saturday night: gave GF her bday "present"
Sunday: Slept
Sunday Night: tv
Monday: Slept
Monday Night: Worked, had a nice dope bust

God, I wish my life was that great. ^^^

Saturday: Worked
Sunday: Worked
Monday: Worked. Then took Grandparents out to eat (it was my grandfather's birthday 2 days before, but I had to work). Then I spent the rest of the day being pissed off because I didn't have a working clutch, and my hobby shop wasn't open again until Wed. Compensated by watching LOTS of Stargate SG-1.

All in all, not too bad. Could have used more of that sleeping though.

friday, worked
Satruday, slept and got mad at the rain
sunday, helped mom in the yard
Monday, Walked 4 and a half miles each way to get a pack of smokes. . .got sunburnt

Saturday: Recovered from Friday nights events, then birthday party for my boss's son.
Sunday: Recovered from Saturday nights events. Played CoD.
Monday: Took a drive, took the dog swimming, then a birthday party for my brother.

Friday- cut grass and worked on track in the back yard
Saturday- cleaned out both my truck and the wifes truck. Helped my brother in law put the outdrive back on his boat.

Sunday- washed and waxed my truck and washed the wifes truck. Watch Dale Jr run out of gas 1000ft from victory Sunday night.

Monday- Spent the day in the pool with my wife and baby girl.

Friday-Drove an hour to pickup my mom's dog for the weekend. Drove to east Texas from the Hill Country to pick up some stuff my step-dad forgot for the art show he was exhibiting at. 14 hours on the road. Got home and slept.

Saturday-Slept

Sunday-Had dinner with my sister, brother-in-law and niece. Really had a good time.

Monday-drove back and delivered dog and helped tear down the pottery display.

I need a vacation after this holiday.