What Buggy to get?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

241 racing

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi peeps new here,but not to nitro.I'm looking at getting a 1/8 scale buggy to bash around no racing.I have been a fan of ofna for a few years now so thats my first choice.I have been looking at a ofna ultra lx one or Ravager.I have also been looking at a Duratrax raze,Red cat racing hurricane,Kyosho Inferno xp or a thunder tiger eb-4 s2.Out of all of these which is the best for backyard bashing with good realiability and hop ups avail.Would also like one with a pull starter.Thanks for any info or anyother model I should be looking at.

ps Where is a good place to buy online besides ebay?
Are there any reviews on any of these I listed? Thanks again

Hey I'm heading out the door but I have to tell you look at my rc8 in the classy section,I can make it ready to run and also sell it with alot of back up parts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lets make a deal...great buggy for a great price i have 3 buggys I need to sell fast to pay for my baja habbit:yes::yes::yes:

I'm thinking my first choice would be the OFNA. Don't go with the Redcat though, very little parts support. My LHS only very recently started carrying that buggy and they only carry spur gears and engines for it. Plus, I have one very similar to it and it breaks almost every time I use it.

Don't forget to look at the new Hyper 8.5. Great bang for the buck. And a very well respected racer.

I love my Losi 8ight. Just make sure to buy the kit or be ready to replace some parts. The kit is a great way to save $ but if you know a lot about the vehicles, make sure to check all the bolts and center diff for a bearing spacer (mine did not come with one). But it is definately worth the bang for the buck. I got mine $600 out the door!

More most bang for your buck, people in my experience like the Ofna Hyper 8. Best place with coupon is towerhobbies if you want new, this forum if you want used.

I have the Thunder Tiger EB4 S3 and the Inferno both are great buggies but much more maintenance and parts for the Hyper are great.

Another buggy I have which is very reliable is the Ofna Violator, I installed a 2 speed and it roars. I'm selling that if your interested PM for details.

If you buy a buggy, dont forget if it is a RTR kit to change the steering servo.

Thanks for the info.I picked up a ofna ultra lx comp and a mbx comp.I got a sweet deal and couldn't pass them up.I'm still gonna pick up a new hyper 8 or a new truggy come spring.Thanks again

I would recommend the Inferno or the Hyper 8 or 8.5.

241.. good to start with something to learn from. The Ofna LX series will show you how to drive one and then what you want from your next buggy. Learn to maintain them because most Ofna buggies are generally the same, 3 sealed diffs is common. Just take your time.

I own an Ofna Ravager (lightly modded) and it's pretty tough.
The biggest problem I had with it was my clutch bell's bearing who got destroyed (ok a little bit of jumping was involved and I was driving it rough :eyes: )

If the quality remains the same, I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with your 2 buggies.

Do you have the Force 28 on your lx comp?
I'm planning to get an Axial .28 when the good old Force won't work anymore.

Back