Vented or not?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dezza

RCTalk Racer
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys I'm pretty sure I already know the answer, but.... I need to replace clutch bell on 5.9. Should I stick with vented variety? Cheers in advance:D

Yeah makes sense! It's just I always use Robinson racing gears on my Revo and was going to go down same path but can't find any vented ones. What's the best for the Savvy?

I used to used Robinson racing on my savages back when HPI only offered the plastic spurs, but now that they offer hardened steel spurs and hardened vented clutch bells, I stopped with all the RRP stuff.....for flywheels and clutch pads I like buku, if you can find

Damn dezza forgot to mention if you go buku you have to read about the different clutch pads, one set is strictly for an all alloy drivetrain, pretty sure it's recommended to use a new CB when using that particular set, if not all sets, I got my buku products from:
http://www.clockworkracingengines.com/

They have some sick screw/nut/hex drivers that they have added to they're catalogue

Yeah cheers bud. I wondered if there would be any venting jokes....! I'm just going to stick to stock for now, until shoes wear anyway. Just ordered 17 tooth stocko.

You might want to consider venting out your shoes more often. A buildup of dampness leads to dry rotting of the leather.

Oh very good sir! Bahahaha:hehe:

---------- Post added at 5:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 5:22 AM ----------

Yeah by stocko I meant stock vented job. That's what was in it. Gearing will be 17 47 running the 5.9. I'll stick with that til it lets go then.....