USED 5B price

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatcat1

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Is $650 bucks shipped a good price for a used 5B in good condition ran only a dozen times?

i don't think so, a dozen tanks on a 5b is a lot of run time, almost 12 hours, i wouldn't pay only $200 less then brand new price for one with that much time on it

here is a link to it on fleabay HPI 5B

he says its RTR with 2.4 ghz TX and the whole works!

dont know what version it is he says he got it last spring.

let me know what you guys think. Thanks

That looks like the RTR version, those are going for alittle over 1000 dollars brand new so 650 isn't to bad. The upgrades he's done are o.k., nothing tremendous, the question is, those 12 tanks of fuel he has put on the car, what kind of driving was he doing. Did he take it to a dirt lot a beat the hell out of it or was he just running ovals in a parking lot.

That looks like the RTR version, those are going for alittle over 1000 dollars brand new so 650 isn't to bad. The upgrades he's done are o.k., nothing tremendous, the question is, those 12 tanks of fuel he has put on the car, what kind of driving was he doing. Did he take it to a dirt lot a beat the hell out of it or was he just running ovals in a parking lot.

Kinda what I was thinking! after being reminded that 12 tanks is alot of run time on a gasser! He emailed more pics and it is pretty dirty so I would say it was "bashed" pretty good!
Thanks for the responses I think I know what decision I am making on it...how bout noooo deal.

I'd have to agree, if he can't clean the car up to sell it then I would have to wonder about his maintenance practices.

I'd have to agree, if he can't clean the car up to sell it then I would have to wonder about his maintenance practices.

My thoughts exactly! I know if I paid over $1000 for a RC rig it would be washed and taken care of properly. I have a MGT 3.0 i have ran it pretty hard and it still looks pretty darn good for a "basher" showroom new compared to that dirty buggy!:p:

12 tanks isn't nothing on a 1/5 scale they are different then nitro. I own 2 5b and 5t. Key is maintenance and from what your describing he doesn't take care of it. You can try to make him a better offer if not I would keep shoping around.

12 tanks isn't nothing on a 1/5 scale they are different then nitro. I own 2 5b and 5t. Key is maintenance and from what your describing he doesn't take care of it. You can try to make him a better offer if not I would keep shoping around.

I agree totally with you, 12 tanks on a gas engine is nothing but you still don't know the history of those tanks. My one rally car had right around 20 tanks on it and was still running strong but I'm a maintenance freak.

Sold for 535 plus shipping, not a bad deal IMO.

No probably not a bad deal. Just kinda leery for a first time 1/5 scale buyer though. I would rather buy it new and know that all the proper care was given from day 1 knowing my luck it would end up needing $500 worth of repairs in the near future!!!:whhooo: