Update on TTR EB4 S3 Rally Game

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revo Rancher

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Yesterday I called ACE (distributor for TTR in U.S.) and they could not give me answer as to when the Rally Game (RG) will be available in a conversion kit for the TTR S3 buggy. They did say some dealers had the RG Kit already.

I then called Nitrohouse.com as they are a TTR dealer. They do not have RG kits in stock and do not know if they are going to even carry it. I called Ultimate and they had not even heard of the kit.

It looks like the RG kit may end being scarce, and there are no immediate or domestically known plans to market an upgrade kit.

Rally Game

The Rally Game is in essence a TTR EB4-S2 with a few basic parts changes
I repect the fact that the EB4-S3 has some major design changes (improvements) over the EB4-S2, but I am confident that parts like the front bumper, front and rear bodyshell mounts can be adapted to the S3 series
I have seen RWD variants of the Rally Game for sale on Ebay.co.uk.
I think if you want the Rally Game spec on an EB4-S3 it is workable as an alternative to a factory made conversion kit.
Just my 5¢

Maybe I have missed something, but from the picture that is in your first link, to me it looks like your conversion kit would be four parts:

wheels/tires
body mounts
front bumper
body (not shown in picture)

Those are all pieces that would likely need replacing often, so I would suspect calling and asking for those, would yield your conversion kit for you. Do they re-gear it or something? I notice there is no two-speed listed in the specs, so no change there. What else would you want in your conversion? The only thing I can think of, is maybe they shim the transmissions up higher so you can run it lower to the ground while still keeping the arms level.

I am usually pretty good with Google, but for the life of me I can't find a picture of the buggy with its body off for comparison. It seems that every web site out there has the same stock photo of the buggy with body.

kx, I was thinking the same thing, but like you noted, there is not a wealth of info out there on this.

I suspect that the shocks and shock towers are also different. I also suspect that there is a 2 speed for this, eliminating the center diff.

As soon as I saw the words "wealth of info", it reminded me of Eddy's www.rcdocuments.com (no I am not sucking up, that really did pop into my head). Anyway, he has the manual for the car on there and you can see the car without the body on the first page. From what I can see the towers look the same, and the center diff area seems similarly cluttered (so I don't think two speed), maybe it will be a simple conversion after all. The spring coils do seem more tightly wound, as would be expected since on road cars typically run much stiffer springs/swaybars/oil.

KX, that is the manual for the buggy, not the rally game car. I have that manual. Did I miss something? Did you find it somewhere else on Eddy's site?

Sorry, my wording wasn't clear. I meant you provided a link for the rally game w/body off. Since I couldn't find a picture of the s3 buggy with body off, I went to Eddy's site and looked at the buggy manual. So, no, I don't have a manual for the rally game either, sorry to mislead you.

From comparing the buggy manual picture, and the picture that you gave above, it appears that differences are minimal. Those being the front bumper assembly, the body mounts, whatever body will be used, and the tires and the wheels. Everything else looks the same, to my eyes. The center diff assembly looks similar between pictures, which leads me to believe that there isn't a two speed (at least not yet).

Revo,
Why not go get a rally car body and see if the width is good for the stock arms and towers..if yes you can set up a buggy to be a rally car....I think the y call 1/8 scale buggy races in europe 1/8 scale rally-X......not sure but I read alot of euros talking about rally-x in buggy forums.....

Did a little more research, from the links you gave. The conversion kit for s2 gives you a different chassis, and a straight center axle, and a couple other things.

I looked at the measurements for the s3 and the RG, and they have the same wheelbase and width, which means they probably didn't use different suspension between kits either. Maybe a different chassis, but why bother if it doesn't even change length or width. I don't see the point in eliminating the center diff, unless weight savings is your only aim. If you could get a Torsen for your car's center diff on road, that would be a good setup. It always tries to spin the end of the diff with MOST resistance (regular diffs are opposite) so it would only power the wheels that are getting the most traction. These units work great on smooth, high traction surfaces.

Plaid is right, Europeans call it rally cross. But I have also seen many people in other forums who basically take a Hyper with some street tires, stiffer shock oil/springs/swaybars, thicker diff fluids, and a rally car body, and race them as 1/8th rally cars.

I used to race on road at a LHS in a class that was all off-road trucks, converted to street use and thats all it was. Slam it, stiffen it (no body roll, like a go-cart), and mount the body as low as possible.

Well, what i really plan to do now is wait and see who eventually carries the S3 Rally Game and once they stock it compare the parts I question as to being differnt and then order "Repair" parts to finish off any conversion. (OK, that did not make sense, err.)

Rally Game

Revo Rancher,

Thanks for the links, that informative as the UK TTR Distributor have no mention of EB4-S3 Rally Game
The UK EB4-S2 Rally Game is only sold on pre-order, so it's a non shelf stock item!
We call buggies RallyX cars here and the Rally Games seem to only be used for street bashing.
The EB4-S2 Rally Game comes with a spool (solid) centre diff, I haven't seen a 2 speed version here (yet)
As I said in my previous Post, I have seen an RWD version for sale on Ebay.co.uk with the Seller stipulating it can be upgraded to 4WD

Yeah, that's why I posted teh US TTR links. I went over the UK site and saw you guys were not showing the same products as US.

The S3 is 4wd and will have an optional 2 speed like the ST-1. I guess I iwll have to wait.

I plan to see if I can get some interest up in having a sport class for Rally-X, racing in dirt.

I'd like to check one of those out.

Back